We tell how to remove scratches on the glass of the clock, without leaving home
A person is typical to be attached to his wrist clock. And the o'clock, alas, tend to lose your appearance. In particular, to acquire "combat scars" - scratches on the glass. It is unpleasant to see them, and it happens that numerous small scratches make it difficult to read testimony on the dial. How to eliminate such a nuisance?
The simplest thing is to replace the glass, it can be done in the clockwork. If, of course, the necessary glass is available. Another option is to polish so that the glass has become like a new one. Rather, almost like new: after all, the essence of polishing is in the removal of a part of the material, so that the glass will become somewhat thinner.
What do you need to remove scratches?
Polish glass hours can be in the workshop. But if there is a desire and time, then nothing prevents this at home. This will require not so much, namely: emery paper of several numbers (grain degrees), cotton discs or felt rags, pipette, polishing pastes are also several numbers. All this is available in stores and inexpensively. And, of course, your skillful hands are required, ultimately success depends on them.
So, first of all, we estimate how big scratches are on the glass. If there is at least one large, refuse ideas: the glass will still have to change. No, you want to try - on health, only take into account the risk to wipe the glass literally to the holes.
Next, we determine which glass is in our clock. If the simplest is acrylic (plastic), or somewhat solid - mineral, then everything is in general it is not difficult. The first thing we produce grinding glass by Eatak. We begin with a coarsest (but not the most coarse-grained), the number 400 is suitable. Gently, avoiding strong pressure, but we persistently pass throughout the surface of the glass. Good circular movements, software or counterclockwise. From time to time add water droplet. We grind until the scratches are visible, and the glass will acquire mattness. Then repeat the process, stepwise reducing the grain of the emery - numbers 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500 (the last is the smallest). Of course, we try not to cover the bevel, ears, crown and the case of the clock at the grinding.
Polished - go, actually, to polish. We apply a paste on a wet woven disk or a felt cloth (in the latter case, follow it to be smoothed). Goe paste is best suited, developed in the USSR (at the State Optical Institute) in the 1930s. We begin, as in the grinding, with the coarse - number 4. We polish two to three minutes, still circular movements, without losing delicacy. We remove the pasta with a clean wet woven disc, wipe dry. We repeat everything using the paste number three, then numbers 2 and 1. By the way, the fine-grained goow number 1 can be replaced by an ordinary toothpaste, only not colored - exclusively white. And we especially note: act only manually, you do not need to use any drills with a felt disc, for in this case the risk of uneven polishing - glass will go by waves.
If you have the most expensive glass, sapphire, then again it is better to abandon your own feathers. Sapphire is very hard (inferior only to diamonds) and fragile. In the workshop will cope better. Well, if it is too neat, you will have to use a diamond paste. There are also such pastes under the brand of gay, but there is a lot of others.
Want the first to get the hottest news of the hourly industry, leave your e-mail
In this article:
- How to polish the housing of the wristwatch at home
- Professional and remedies for polishing glasses of clock
- Step-by-step instruction of polishing glasses of clocks with scratch removal
- Polishing watch bracelet.
- Why polishing hours still better entrust to experts
How to polish the clock, and why do you need it? It is not a secret for anyone that even if you turn with an accessory extremely carefully, with time on it, in any case, scratches and scratching will appear. And this is already as they say, "not Comilfo".
As for the response to the first question, then the exit, in fact, only two: polish the clock on their own or seek help in the workshop. Here each decides itself. But if you like to work with your hands or do not want to part with your chronometer for a moment, follow the advice below.
How to polish the housing of the wristwatch at home
If deep scratches and chips appeared on a gold or platinum housing, a mechanism with spraying of precious metals, with a special protective or satin (matte) coating, then it is better not to delete them on their own. It is worth seeking help to professionals - in a specialized service, where the surface polls. Attempts to make it poultry can only aggravate defects and finally spoil the clock.
Even the devices made of stainless steel and titanium are recommended to be serviced in the workshop, and not on their own. Although in this case options are possible. For example, with small scratches and scratches on inexpensive copies in a simple metal case without additional coverage, you can cope at home. If you know how to polish the clock on your own, you can carry out minor repairs without referring to the masters.
To do this, you will need:
Bilateral fabric, with which the jewelry is polished (it is better to take Pioneer or Shino);
Special metal cleaner (NevrDull or high-quality analog);
Soft fabric without a pile;
Fiberglass brush or brush;
Baf for polishing nails;
The way to polish stainless steel watches is very simple: you must first lay them in the inner side of polishing tissue (usually it is dark color), then looped out the outer (light).
Deep damage on such a case must be carefully lined with a soft cloth using a cleaner for metal surfaces. When defects are completely invisible - to polish with tissue for jewelry.
It can be altered small scratches on a matte steel product. But you need to be careful that the surface does not turn into a glossy.
Remove deep defects on a matte case can be brush from fiberglass. You need to put on gloves (otherwise you can damage your hands) and gently wipe the scratch by sweeping movements. It is necessary to act carefully, otherwise new damage may appear, which will also have to be removed.
Numerous scratches are better and faster than nail blades. This is an effective way if damage is not one. So you can remove even small dents.
If there is sandblasting polishing on the housing of steel, it is recommended to contact the specialists. Such damage is removed only in workshops, as this requires special equipment. Independent grinding can damage the surface even more, and the repair will be more expensive as a result.
Professional and remedies for polishing glasses of clock
In some cases, you can use the means that are used everywhere in everyday life. They cope with many problems. But if damage is serious, it is better to purchase semi-professional and professional compositions.
Sunflower oil. Unfortunately, they can only disguise the defect. This product has the ability to form resistant films. As soon as the oil fills the damaged area and dries, the refractive surface ability is restored. It needs to drop on the scratch, remove the surplus with a soft cloth. After the oil is driving, the surface wipes again.
Dry mustard with vinegar. You need to mix both substances until the thickening. It turns out the composition, which according to the consistency resembles a toothpaste. This mixture is applied to the glass and intensively polished with a cotton disk or a soft cloth.
Toothpaste. Without coloring ingredients, white. The method of use is the same as in the previous case. Since paste particles are larger, the cat should be replaced with a cotton wand and process only the place of damage, without exciting other sections. Such precaution is related to the fact that the tool has light matting properties.
Colorless nail polish. Compared to vegetable oil, a more successful option, since it does not leave fat traces. But it is necessary to apply it extremely careful. Random splashes and surplus can be removed to remove varnish or solvent. Ideal to use "smart enamel" - reinforcing nails.
It forms a layer with a small refractive ability, it is impaired and even more stronger than many other means.
Antitrapin. This is the best polyrolol to remove scratches and damage on glass surfaces. Eliminates not only small defects, but also larger. You can purchase a remedy in auto shops. The use method is simple: antitrapin need to be applied to a soft cloth and to intensively polish the surface.
For polishing, you can apply familiar to many gay pastes. This is a greenish agent in cubes, which has been used as an alternative to sandpaper for many years. This is an abrasive, which is produced with four fractions. To process watchcase, it is better to take the finest polishing - with grain in 01, -0.3 micrometer. It is possible to use larger particles only in extreme cases.
Packing is also different. Preferred is a pieces to dose the remedy in the desired quantities. Paste from plastic can use harder. In this form, it impresses the circle of fabric to be used entirely.
It is used almost the same as others. However, one must comply with a number of conditions.
Before the process, the case must be smoap a little. Efforts during polishing need to be distributed evenly, otherwise recesses may appear in the surface. Movements should be wave-like.
Professional substances are also used in repair services. These include:
Polywatch and others.
Step-by-step instruction of polishing glasses of clocks with scratch removal
As already mentioned, even with the most careful attitude to the clock sooner or later, small damage, dirting and scratches appear on them. From this, the appearance of the product suffers, besides, such defects interfere with seeing the arrows on the dial. Methods of polishing of mineral glass hours differ from processing methods, for example, sapphire, so you need to have this in mind.
1. Small scratches on organic glass
At home to polish this material, you will need:
Glass get out of the housing, clean the napkin.
Put it on a clean surface. Constantly wetting with water, we are waveled to grind, evenly distributing pressure until the glass becomes matte.
Dilute in a small amount of water paste or soap, apply to the surface. Continue to polish 10-20 minutes.
Napkin How to wipe the glass, insert back into the housing.
2. Scratches of medium depths
It is necessary to take the same materials as for small, plus a piece of felt or skin, and Goe's paste №1 replace №2 and 3.
Remove the glass from the case, clean the microfiber.
To wet the same napkin, put on it a little paste number 3, polishing the surface with wave-like movements until noticeable damage disappears.
Replace pasta to № 2 to get rid of smaller scratches, to use No. 1 for microdefects.
After the glass becomes matte, wash off the tool, dry the dry cloth. Apply a dental powder or pasta, polishing the mixed microfiber minutes fifteen minutes.
Clear the glass again and insert back into the housing.
3. Deep scratches
All the same materials are required, additionally stacked with medium and small grain. Goe paste need to take from number 1 to number 4.
Glass get out of the housing, clean the microfiber from contamination.
Polish the wave-like middle-hearth sandpaper.
Use a paste number 4. After the most noticeable scratches will be lost, go to No. 3 and fine-grained emery paper.
Micro-damage remove GIO No. 1, which will give the glass to the glass.
If glossiness is required, you need to grind the surface with a dental powder or soap about 10-15 minutes.
Clear the glass with a napkin and install in place.
Similarly, mineral watchcase is polished. The only difference is that this surface is stronger than organic, therefore, more effort will be required. However, it is more transparent, so any masking agent applied to it will noticeably. For example, if you fail to use "smart enamel", you should not be enough for any other transparent nail polish, you need to carefully choose similar by properties.
Sapphire glass, which is used in hours, has a maximum hardness. It is unlikely that it will be necessary to grind it, because it is practically impossible to leave scratch on it, except for diamond. However, if such a need arises, you need to contact the watchmaker: despite the strength, it is incredibly fragile.
Polishing watch bracelet.
The housing of the clock is made from different materials. Most often these are metals, such as gold, titanium, steel. Plastic is also used, but such products are less durable.
Bracelets are usually performed from the same material as the housing. In the sock, they behave differently, they wear out in their own way and are damaged. Consider the characteristics of the most common:
Stainless steel. The metal is durable and solid, resistant to scratches, as a result of which the external presentation retains the external presentation.
Gold. Pretty soft, subject to mechanical effects. If the housing from this metal is not processed by rhodium, which protects the surface, scratches and dents appear on it easily.
Titanium. Easy, resistant to almost any major damage, but at the same time small appear on it without problems.
To polish the bracelet from any material it must first be disconnected from the case, then clean from dust, dirt, including human sweat and skin particles.
Steel products are polished easier. This uses double-sided tissue for jewelry. First, the bracelet is processed with dark, rough side, then it is brought to the desired result with a softer light. If the surface is not glossy, and matte, this method is also suitable, but it is necessary to polish more neatly, gently.
From significant scratches and scuffs, you can get rid of glass fiber brush. Extraking movements very carefully, so as not to leave new traces, we clean the defect. If there are a lot of damage, you can use a bug for polishing nails. Both are sold in cosmetic stores. When applying these funds, it is necessary to protect your hands with gloves.
Precious metals require a more careful approach. To polish them, you need a simple white toothpaste without abrasive particles, a soft toothbrush, you can children's, soft challenge fabric. With these means, any contamination is easily cleared, and the surface acquires a pleasant shine. The only rule is not to press too much, because gold, for example, may be damaged from unnecessary effort.
No less good polishing agents - cosmetic powder and children's talc.
From defects in Titan you can also get rid of home. This light metal has hypoallergenic properties, beautiful and well looks in bracelets. It is cleaned with a rubber with a rubber, a simple toothpaste, a soft toothbrush and fabric without a pile, such as microfiber napkins for wiping points or technology.
Scratches are cleaned with rubber rubber, spending it in one direction. Next use toothpaste as grinding. Then it must be removed, it is necessary to do it very carefully and carefully, it should not be clogged between links or other elements of the bracelet. In the final, the product is polished with a napkin.
If independent actions did not lead to the desired result, contact the clock service. Professionals remove scratches on special machines, and dents are sewn.
Why polishing hours still better entrust to experts
There are several ways to return aesthetic look at your clock and bracelet. But first of all, it is necessary to appreciate how appropriate to do it personally. Even with small problems, it is better to contact the watchmaker. Independent polishing can lead to unforeseen consequences and irrevocable loss of the presenterness of the device, and the Swiss products are expensive, and do not risk them.
There are very gentle models that are damaged even from a small mechanical impact. It depends on the production and price category of the product. Even simple domestic products and actions that seem completely harmless can spoil the look of wristwatches. And professionals always know what surface and what materials can be handled, take into account the condition of the device and the nature of damage. It is thanks to this that they can return the products to the former beauty.
In addition, special equipment, machines and tools that cannot be in a conventional home are used in the workshops. Under each specific device, professionals pick up their surface recovery method, they know exactly what you can polish the clock to make it not only correctly, but not to spoil them. And if at home polished can take for a long time, then in the service it will last just a few minutes.
But if the clock is ancient, antique, then from all these actions it is better to refuse. With loss of scratches and defects, they may lose their value. As a result, if you want to sell them, it is either getting smaller than expected or the transaction will not take place at all.
But expensive elite precious products polished from time to time recommended, then they will always look solid and presentable.
However, it is necessary to do it from professionals. If the clock is brand, it is recommended to contact a certified service center of this particular manufacturer. In addition, there may be to replace the item, and not polish it.
Inexpensive products can be brought to the proper appearance in ordinary workshops. Often it is not necessary to do this, usually this procedure is combined with the maintenance of the mechanism.
How much it costs to polish the clock depends on a number of parts: funds used in the process, nature and quantities of damage, models, as well as pricing workshop policy. In the usual asked for the same service less than in the service center.
But do not save! A good master with experience will be able to save your watch even from serious scratches, and at the same time the product will save all its lines and parts - for example, engraving will not be damaged. And if this is a real professional, then in addition, he will disassemble the mechanism and grips all its elements. Therefore, it is worth it once a few years to contact the specialists and polish the clock. The price may be higher than the hands, but it is better than to attribute them to a dubious workshop, where the product can be ruined completely, with the result that you will spend much more money for a new copy.
Over time, the dial of any clock is covered with a raid and small scratches. If you did not find strong damage or chips on it, then you can remove scratches on the glass of the clock yourself. After processing yours Hasiki shine like new, and become pleased with you, as before.
How to polish glass on the clock toothpaste?
Get rid of small scratches and stuffing glass With the help of the most ordinary toothpaste . To do this, take a small amount of paste and a soft rag. So, proceed to work:
- Suggest the pea toothpaste onto cotton or cotton disk.
- Tools with neat circular motions rub into the base.
- To complete the work, 10 seconds are enough.
- With a wet rag, wipe the glass of hours and contaminated as a result of processing space.
To work, take a soft, but not a ribbon rag, toothpaste should not contain coarse inclusions and strong flavors.
Rather traditional white-colored paste soft consistency
Polishing glasses of hours from scratches do not give the desired results, if deep chips were formed on the surface. In this case It is better to attribute the device to the workshop.
It is undesirable to put on the glass or quickly drive on the surface with a cloth. Fragile material can simply crack from the applied effort. If the first time failed to clean the glass surface, you can repeat the procedure up to 4 times.
Polishing glass paste gay
Clear deep scratches on the glass can be used with the goe paste. If it is possible, it is desirable to remove the glass itself from the base and spend more thorough treatment . A small amount of paste is applied to soft wet moistures, gently smeared on the surface of the fabric and only after that proceed to cleaning.
Circular movements gently rub the means on glass, not forgetting to capture each site. Note that after cleaning, raw fragments will be muddy. Complete the process can be soft toothpaste. Remove all the remaining glass on the surface with a gentle damp cloth, wipe with mineral oil . Most of the scratches after such a cleaning will disappear.
If you are faced with the task not only to clean, but also polish the glass, take the paste gay 3 species:
Number designation speaks about The grain level of the substance .
That is, GIO number 3 remove large scratches, GOO №2 rubs small damage, and GOO number 1 grind the surface of the glass
Professional products for high-quality polishing glass
It is possible to grasp the glass with the help of professional tools that the masters use. These include:
- Diamond paste . Small abrasive material of pasty consistency. Often, the master is called her "conventional". The paste is used as a means for final grinding or after the main cleaning.
- "Polar". This material is different levels of grain. Cleaning glass clock is carried out fine-grained paste.
The principle of working with professional means is the same as for toothpaste and goy. Look at how the ksiki SanLight shine, they will also shine and yours after professional cleansing.
Rules for cleaning glass on the wrist clock
If you have scratched the glass on the clock, and you decided to clean it, follow Several simple techniques For convenient and fast work:
- Distil on the horizontal smooth surface of the flap fabric to provide good adhesion with the device.
- Prepare selected cleaning products and additional materials. As a rule, you may need cotton discs, soft fabric, wands for cleaning the ears, some warm water in a small container for wetting.
- Clear joints of the joints will be convenient with a cotton stick with an abrasive agent applied to it.
How to clean different types of watch windows?
In order not to ask this question in the future, before buying hours, find out which of the types of glasses it closes the mechanism dial. Total exist 3 main varieties :
- Mineral glass,
- organic glass,
- Sapphire glass.
The last 2 species are used for hours of expensive brands.
For cleaning organic glass usually use Any abrasive material Type of toothpaste or gay paste. However, a grinding wheel will be needed to work with sapphire glass. In this case, it is not necessary to disassemble the glass, it is enough to put the clock on a non-slip horizontal surface and polly. It is impossible to handle in one place, you need to constantly move the clock so that the glass does not burst from thinning.
Mineral glass also need to grind , but only then carry out the completion processing of toothpaste. In conclusion, a cotton disk, moistened in alcohol, wipe the surface to shine.
How to remove scratches from the housing and bracelet wristwatches?
To begin with, it is worth a reservation and notice that expensive branded clocks and jewelry can be brought independently unwanted. In this case, it is better to apply to professionals or a jewelry workshop. The same recommendations must be adhered if the scratch needs to be removed on the clock Stainless steel with sandblasting spraying .
In the event that your wristwatch is made of standard stainless steel, and you would like to update them slightly, prepare the following materials:
- Special fabric for polishing,
- ammonia or simple alcohol,
- cotton disks
- Goe Pasta №1,
- Toothpaste without additives and inclusions,
- slice of soft material
- Fiberglass brush,
- Latex gloves.
To remove the smallest scratches, use the dark side of the polishing tissue. Then you need to put on a cloth pasta gay and losing deep scratches. After that, they take polishing fabric again. Next, alcohol is applied to the cotton disk and all pollution is thoroughly rinsed.
If large scratches remain on the housing or bracelet hours, you need to take a fiberglass brush and soft movements in one way to lure damage
Try not to handle too much area, because in this case can Extra scratches are formed that will also have to delete.
At the end, you can wipe the metal surface of the toothpaste and polish to glitter with alcohol and white face of polishing fabric.
It turns out that you can clean any glass from the clock you can independently at home. However, it is worth do it with the maximum share of accuracy and slowly . Having attached quite a bit effort, you will return its favorite thing in the original gloss.
Any thing with time wear out and comes in disrepair. The same situation is the same with wrist hours. Even if they wear them carefully, it will not still be possible to avoid small scratches on glass and scuffs on the case. Moreover, such defects not only spoil aesthetics, but also make it difficult to the visibility of the dial. If scratches are shallow and no chips, then you can even polish the glass on the clock even yourself, without contacting the watchmaker. If, let's say, the child seriously scratched the glass of hours due to its inattention, then such a defect can fix only the wizard, possibly with a complete replacement of a spoiled part.
How to remove scratches on the glass on the clock
To understand what kind of polishing method is suitable, you need to find out what glass is made of glass. There are several glasses used for hours:
With the organic type, the grinding glass grinding can be performed in several ways. The easiest and effective - with a white non-penetrated toothpaste without bleaching properties:
- Wipe the glass from dust and contamination residues;
- squeeze the small peas of the toothpaste on the cotton disk;
- Place the clock on a flat surface, and, almost not pressing, circular movements rub the paste into the glass;
- Literally in a minute, take a pure tampon, moisten with water and rush the remains of the paste.
Watch that the water does not penetrate the cluster of the clock. If you doubt the waterproof device, it makes sense to disassemble the clock and make the glass polishing procedure separately. You can repeat it about four times - until it removes small scratches.
If there are more solid defects, the second method is suitable, which uses the paste of the Goe (there are four types of grain):
- Apply a paste at number four (coarse) on a wet watt;
- Polish circular movements for about two minutes;
- Rock the wet disk the remains of the paste and wipe dry;
- If the scratches have become less noticeable, then it is necessary to repeat the procedure, but with the paste of the goow number three;
- Smallozing paste at a number two or one, or toothpaste, described in the first grinding method, will be suitable for removing small defects.
The main condition is not rushing and be careful.
If you doubt your success, it makes sense to seek help to a professional.
Polishing sapphire glasses of scratches
This type of glass requires greater caution, because it is very solid and simultaneously fragile, that is, does not tolerate point shocks and drops. Therefore, independent polishing of the sapphire glasses of hours from scratches at home is not recommended. If you still decided to fulfill this procedure, then replace the goe paste to the diamond. Otherwise, the principle of grinding is the same as during organic glass.
Please note that the sapphire glass is the most expensive among other types, so you have to upset if independent repair fails.
How to polish mineral glass on your own hands
Removal of scratches from glasses of the clock will require the presence of a grinding circle, goe paste, alcohol and cotton disks. Mineral glass is very solid and is not afraid of mechanical loads, so it should be processed, though neatly, but more rigidly compared to other types:
- Apply a paste on the work surface of the grinding wheel;
- You need to polish mineral glass until it is full of transparency, when grinding, move the clock from the edge to the center and back, distribute the load uniformly;
- Wash your cat in alcohol and clean the glass until the gloss appears.
Is it possible to get rid of scratches on plastic glass
It is a pretty durable and wear-resistant material. Scratching from such glass is not so difficult to remove. It is enough to use toothpaste or paste gay shallow grain. First, you need to apply abrasive on your cotton disk, and then reflect scratch to the complete disappearance.
What if stuffing the glass in the clock
In the properties of the air in any case there is humidity, and the clock is not assembled in vacuo, so the stammerous glass is not such a rare phenomenon, especially with a sharp temperature drop. It is impossible to name for a marriage, but if the glass sweats on the clock, then the defect in some kind is present.
There is a chance to contact the service center, if the warranty on the product has not yet expired, in the opposite case - you can do some steps to troubleshoot yourself:
- Remove the back cover of the clock;
- Place the clock near the heat source for a while (up to two days), if it is not possible to wait - use the hairdryer;
- Cover the napkin at the drying time to avoid dust from entering the inside of the product;
- Do not open the windows, do not use humidifiers - you need to try to minimize the humidity in the room;
- Put carefully cover into place without breaking the design of the product (if there are any rubberbar or gaskets - they need to be installed where they were).
It should be understood that the presence of moisture under the case of the clock is fraught with some details and the mechanism of the clock. If the fogging rarely occurs, for example, only when exiting the street in the cold, then you should not worry and arrange a disassembly of the product. The reason for concern can be regarded by an exemplary, which appears at room temperature.
Note that you can only worsen the situation: drive dust under the device body, break the gasket or strengthen the fogging. Therefore, if you doubt your success, it is better to trust professionals.
Crashed or cracked glass on the clock: folk signs
Signs have long been an explanation of incomprehensible events in the life of every people. The man saw his destiny in them, the purpose, I was looking for a hidden meaning. Nowadays, faith in signs does not lose its relevance. People continue to be guided by the planning of cases, assessing the impact will take on the future.
The clock is directly related over time, the flow of life. Many esotericists believe that the classes are able to absorb the energy of their carrier, because of this, it is not recommended to give the clock to unfamiliar people or lift them on the street, so the sign about the broken glass on the clock has such important for the majority.
Cracked glass at different times foreshadowed various adversity:
- the rapid possible malaise of the owner, and the more the crack, the more prolonged and strong there will be a disease;
- Crash and failure in business or personal life - a hint of an empty time;
- Break the glass on the clock during the removal of the hands - a warning about the danger for the relatives, the possible loss of a loved one.
Wearing a clock with a broken glass categorically not recommended - it does not promise anything good.
With broken rifled rods, follow as follows:
- If you can fix them, you should not delay with the repair - take the master;
- If the repair is not possible, then it is important to get rid of the spoiled product as quickly as possible - wrap in purple tissue (it is believed that such a color absorbs all negative energy) and remove the clock wherever no one finds them;
- If the thing is very expensive, turning them into the fabric, you can hide into a box or a box at home.
Often, a person connects his failures with the signs, so try to tune yourself to those superstitions that predict good luck or happy events.
Remember that everyone chooses himself, what to believe him!
Article author: Alexander Moskalez
Over time, even in expensive models, the glass is muttered or scratches that prevent not only to consider how much time, but also worsening appearance. In order to return the former attractiveness of the accessory, you need to polish the clock. Material prepared by specialists, will tell how to polish watch at home?
What is needed to eliminate glass defects
Before polishing the glass of the clock, stocking of some materials. Their choice and application depends on the nature and size of damage.
ATTENTION! If significant chips appeared on the glass, then do not try to polish the glass of the clock, because Only in vain will spend time. The optimal solution to the problem will only replace glass.
Polishing of glasses of hours will require special means depending on the glass material:
- Goe polishing paste (№1, №2, №3);
- fine or medium-hearted sandpaper;
- soap, toothpaste without imitation of taste, instead of which can be used tooth powder;
- microfiber tissue;
- cotton discs;
- Fetra rags;
- mineral oil;
- professional polishing mixtures ("polar" or diamond paste);
Glass polishing should be made on a flat surface.
Liquidation of minor damage
To eliminate minor flaws of glass you will need listed materials below:
- soap, toothpaste without imitation of taste or powder dental;
- The fine-grained sandpaper, which can be changed on the goe paste No. 1;
- Flat work surface.
In order to polish the glass on the clock with relatively minor defects, you will have to perform the following actions:
- Remove the glass and thoroughly wipe it with a soft microfiber cloth to remove all types of dirt from its surface.
- Put the wiped item on the work surface.
- Moisten the glass with a small amount of water and start polishing the selected polishing mixture. The movements you carry out wave-like should be made with the same clamping force. Constantly wet the polished part of the wristwatch water. The operation is considered to be completed upon reaching the glass of the matte state.
- Apply the desired amount of abrasive material moistened with water (paste, soap, powder) on glass and continue polishing with a microfiber cloth. Movements are similar to those described in clause 3.
- After the termination of the defects, insert the glass into the accessory.
Liquidation of medium-sized damage
Answering the question: "How to polish glass clock with scratches of medium depth?", We recommend stock:
- Paste Goe №1, №2 and №3;
- a piece of leather that can be replaced by a felt cut;
- soap, dental powder or paste;
- Miirofibrous cloth;
To eliminate damage, it will be necessary:
- Remove the glass and with the help of a microfiber cloth eliminate all pollution.
- Apply Goe Pasta No. 3 on a moistened microfibrous cloth and wave uniform movements to start polishing the glass. After removing noticeable damage, do the same actions, but preliminarily replaced by Guy Pasta No. 3 on # 2. At the final stage, polishing is produced by Pasta Goe No. 1 to remove microdefects. The procedure is performed before reaching the details and the absence of any damage.
- After drying the glass, apply one of the three substances above and continue the wave-like movements with moistened with a microfiber cloth.
- Remove the remnants of the used polishing materials or mixtures and insert the glass into the clock.
Elimination of deep scratches
Now you will learn how to polish the glass in the clock with deep scratches. To eliminate significant damage, you will need:
- Medium and fine-grained sandpaper;
- Goe Pasta №1 ... 4;
- felt or leather piece;
- microfiber rag;
- soap, toothpaste or powder;
- some water.
The elimination of deep scratches or bands will require not only a flat and smooth working surface, but also of your strict control over the press strength, as well as a significant amount of time.
To eliminate deep strips, you need to act according to the following algorithm:
- Pull the glass from the clock and thoroughly clean from pollution. Given the depth of damage, perform this operation three or four times.
- Start the wave-like movements of the medium sandpaper.
- Continuing the grinding of sandpaper with medium grain, add a dumb paste Goe number 4, which will remove the largest irregularities and deep scratches.
- As damage is removed, change No. 4 on №3 and No. 2, as well as change the average sandpaper on fine-grained.
- In the penultimate stage, polish the glass of GIO No. 1.
- At the final stage of the process, use soap, toothpaste or powder.
- Wash the glass and while drying it, insert it into the case.
Polishing glass of wristwatches depending on the glass material
In addition to the nature of the damage, the abrasive materials used may vary depending on the material from which the glass is made. The industry sets the following types of glasses on:
We have already told higher than and how to polish clocks with organic or mineral glasses. Polishing of sapphire glasses according to the nature of the actions are similar to polishing of mineral glasses for wristwatches. However, there are small differences.
There is a certain danger of self-fulfillment of this procedure. This is due to the high hardness and the fragility of this material, which increases the risk of breaking it, as well as a significant period of time to eliminate defects.
For grinding sapphire glass, use a fine-grained emery circle. During wavy movements, change the angle of inclination of the glass so that it does not burst from thinning. At the final stage, replace the gay paste on professional polishing mixtures: diamond paste or "polar".
Observe the limit accuracy throughout the polishing in order not to lead the glass from the wristwatch.
We hope we answered the question of how to polish the glass in the clock and you will not have difficulties in returning our former attractiveness to your wrist clock.
Although of course to engage in polishing expensive hours on its own, a fairly risky event. I can recommend a Zurich's proven service center that offers clock repair of elite brands. Zurich's service center has its branches in Moscow, St. Petersburg and Yekaterinburg.
The clock is a stylish accessory who enjoy daily. In the process of active operation, their glass is covered with scratches. As a result, it loses transparency, the visibility of the dial is worse.
How to remove scratches from glasses of hours (mineral, organic, plastic, sapphire) with the help of improvised means and special compositions, read in the article.
How to remove scuffs at home?
If scratches are shallow, get rid of them with the help of girlfriend . The procedure for their removal is not difficult, so it will be possible to do without them. If damage is serious, specialized compositions for polishing glass are used.
Goe paste is a universal polishing composition, which is designed to combat scratches, scratching and other defects. If they are minor, use the paste at number 3. To remove deep damage, paste is purchased No. 4.
- A small amount of paste is applied to the woven disk or flannel fabric.
- Proceed with it glass. Movements should be circular.
- When the surface becomes smooth, mineral oil is applied to it and thoroughly rub it.
- The remains of substances are removed by any liquid containing alcohol.
Goe paste is not only effective, but also a budgetary. Its average price is 100 rubles, and one package in 100 g is enough for a long time.
You can remove shallow scratches with a toothpaste or dental powder. The paste is used in its pure form, and the powder is bred by water to the consistency of thick casis.
Mode of application:
- purify the surface from visible contaminants, passing through it with a cotton disk, moistened in alcohol;
- The paste is applied to flannel matter and rubbing her scratches, polished the glass neatly, without excessive pressure;
- It is waiting for the drying of the composition, remove it with vegetable oil;
- Water surface with a clean paper napkin.
Pasta is a non-professional polyrolol, so to achieve the visible effect will have to repeat the procedure several times.
Sometimes you can meet the Mix Toothpaste Council with Soda . Allegedly such a combination will give the best effect. Do not do so. Soda is an abrasive, which is able to leave behind microscopic scratches. Immediately after polishing, they will be invisible, but as soon as the dirt will be born, all defects will be obvious.
A lot of means for polishing glass is represented. When choosing, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- Consistency. Pastes and gels are rather dense, so they are used to remove deep damage. Sprays and fluids are designed to combat surface defects.
- Grain. For the grouting glass on the clock it is recommended to use fine-grained compositions. This allows you to provide fine processing.
- Auxiliary components . If the product is often dirty, poly rays are supplemented with antistatic. There are means providing water repellent effect. If silicone is included in the polyrolol, then after its use, a thin film is formed on the surface, which advocates additional protection against mechanical damage.
- Price. Very cheap tools to buy is not recommended. It is better to stop your choice on the means of the average price category.
- Equipment. If the remedy is supplemented with napkins and sponges, then it is more convenient to use it.
- Scope of application . Before acquiring the composition, you need to study its label. There are funds intended for caring for glass and plastic surfaces. Also compositions are restoration, universal and protective. You do not need to choose the last type, as it will not help with scratches.
Top 3 effective means for removing scratches from glasses:
Polyrol Hi-Gear HG 5640
This is a means to restore glass transparency , removes minor scuffs and scratches. After its use, a thin film is formed on the surface, which prevents its contamination. The price is 405 rubles in 0.12 liters.
DOCTOR WAX DW 5673
The tool is intended to remove scratches and to restore lost transparency. Additional effects: water-repellent and dirt-repellent. Price - from 450 rubles.
Willson for headlights and transparent plastic
This is a reductive polyrolol on silicone basis . She masks scratches and makes glass transparent. Included is a napkin for surface treatment. Package price of 0.07 L - 1300 rubles.
Before using the polyroli, the liquid can be thickened thoroughly.
Features of removal depending on the type of clockwork material
Features of processing different types of glasses:
- Mineral. This is not the cheapest glass. Therefore, it is not recommended to remove scratches from it with abrasive substances. Experts advise to resort to the help of a grinding machine. A flannel or microfiber is used as nozzle, and as a polyroli is a diamond paste. The disc moves from the edge of the device to its center. The average processing time is 20 minutes. To achieve an optimal result, the procedure is repeated.
- Plastic. Polish it easy. Such surface can be treated with any compositions. The main thing is during pre-cleaning not to use acetone. Its application will lead to the turbidity of the glass, because of which it will not be possible to return the transparency.
- Sapphire. It is the most expensive, but the most reliable. It is installed on elite models. It is not made from the mineral itself, but from sapphire fiber. The material is quite durable and wear-resistant. It is not recommended to remove scratches from it on their own, as it is high a risk of damaging an expensive product. Trust the clock with sapphire glass is better than a professional. In the workshop it will be cleaned with the method of cold grinding.
- Organic. This glass is cheapest. It is found in most models. It can be cleaned with toothpaste and even sandpaper shallow grain grain.
If the clock does not succeed carefully, then the model with sapphire glass is recommended. It is almost invulnerable to damage, so scratches are formed less frequently.
What glass in the clock choose - sapphire, mineral or plastic, tells the video:
Appeal to experts
If the clock is expensive, either scratching on them deep, then it is better to trust their processing professionals. The ultimate cost is made up of several factors. A decisive role is played by the method of cleaning and type of material.Approximate prices:
- polishing plastic - 1300 rubles;
- Cleaning mineral glass - 1000 rubles;
- Cleaning the sapphire base - from 1500 rubles.
The cost of the service needs to be specified on the spot, after inspecting the product master. You can find a specialist on the Internet announcement. Before you leave your watch in the workshop, you need to explore customer reviews that have already used the service of this organization.
Tips for removing scratches from glasses of hours:
- To work the grinding machine was more convenient, the glass from the clock is extracted. If this is not possible, remove the strap and fix them in vice or clamps.
The struts must hold the glass on the sides, without touching the main surface.
- We need to use the grinding machine with caution, not forgetting that it heats the glass. So that it does not burst in the processing process, it is wetted with water.
This method of struggle with scratches is suitable in the case when the clocks are collapsible or moistureproof.
- Working with any liquids, you need to watch it then so that they do not learn inside. Fit water or oil can lead to a serious breakage.
- With a deep crack, it will not be able to cope even by the most expensive means. In this case, the glass is better replaced.
- It is impossible to try to clean the glass with sandpaper. If there are no other options, it is used with small grain skirt, R2500 marking.
Before processing, you need to make sure that there are no contaminants on the glass surface. Even small sorts can lead to the emergence of new defects.
If you are interested in how to remove small and deep scratches from various surfaces and items, look at this section.
Video on the topic
How to restore scratched glass of wristwatches, tells the video:
Scratched clock do not need to throw away immediately. They can be attempted to reanimate with the help of sweater. If the desired effect failed to achieve, specialized compositions are used, or refer to the master.
With whatever carefulness, we did not belong to your favorite things, but, alas, there is nothing eternal. This statement concerns the literally all that surrounds us. Take, for example, wristwatches. In the process of socks, there constantly lies the danger to be missed, shock, scratched. If they manage to survive, then no hull is insured against the appearance of scratches and scratches, even from titanium alloy. Polishing hours will help restore their original appearance and will extend the service life.
Is it possible to restore the appearance of the clock
First about the appearance of the clock. Manufacturers of branded hours, for corps of their products, use high-grade, stainless steel. In the models of category Premium use light and durable titanium alloys.
Special chic have the clock of elite brands, made in the gold case. From the titles, only steel has the greatest strength and resistance to external influence.
Wristwatches, with a powder coating housing, a long time retains its surface at an initial form. On the contrary, titanium alloys, despite their strength, have excessive softness, so unwanted scratches and even dents appear faster. The surface of gold enclosures quickly becomes muddy and covered by the web of small scratches.
These troubles can be eliminated by simply polishing the product. You only need to be patient and necessary materials that will help polish your favorite chronometer.
Regardless of the quality of the metal and glass, from which the clock is made, as it were, terribly, at first glance, scratches and scratching did not look, such defects are completely eliminated. Polishing glass and watches from scratches do not take your hands with you long.
Before polishing the clock, note if the housing has a protective coating, spraying or matte surface, and the damage is deep enough and you are not sure about your abilities, it is better to apply for help in the watchmaking. Attempts to remove defects on their own, polish them, can finally spoil the product.
What tools need to be used
Those who are used to solve problems without assistance, polish the surface of the clock, for example, from a stainless steel or glass is completely forces.
In order to organize a home workshop, such a toolki will be required:
- Polishing fabric, special;
- Felt, felt or fabric without a pile - the basis for cleaning paste;
- Pilot for nails with abrasive coating or paper emery;
- Fiberglass brushes;
- The grinding machine (you can use a rigidly attached drill) will significantly speed up the process.
- Latex gloves.
Funds for polishing
In addition to the tools, for efficient removal of scratches, chipping and dents on the clock, consumables will be needed. The most common and affordable means are:
- diamond paste or gay;
- Toothpaste, and better powder or chalk;
- Special polishing pastes for watch windows;
- Purifier for metal surfaces;
- mineral oil.
After the tools are cooked and materials are collected, you can proceed to business.
The work on updating the appearance of the surface of the clock at home is nothing complicated, but there is one condition, you need to consider the type of material from which the clock is made. We remember the characteristics of the metals, wear gloves and begin to polish.
First of all, we clean the surface of the clock from dust and dirt.
To return the Golden Body of Natural Glitter and remove the flight, we use the proven tool - the ammonia alcohol. A solution of ammonia, a teaspoon on a glass of water, wet the napkin and process the surface.
After drying, we polish using felt. To eliminate scratches from gold, a powder for teeth or a gripped chalk is suitable, which is applied to the felt fabric, and is polished with careful, movements in a circle localized in the scratch area.
Steel housing, quite, you can handle paste gay. It is applied to the felt, having taking a piece on the surface of the fabric, add a few drops of mineral oil and begin to polish gently. Oil will soften the abrasive effect of the paste. The process is repeated until the desired quality is obtained.
Do not overdo it in the case of a matte surface so as not to bring gloss. Satining is best to hold an ordinary eraser, for example, from a simple pencil. It is good in eliminating small defects.
To eliminate lungs, predominantly use special polishing fabric. Problem places are rubbed with a dark side, light - to guide the brilliance.
Polishing glass clocks
The main disadvantage of glass wristwatches is clouding. It occurs as a result of permanent contact with the upper clothes and is a web of microcenarpin. Elimination of this defect, as in the case of the case, depends on the glass material:
- acrylic (plastic);
- Mineral glass;
- Sapphire with anti-glare.
Polishing of glasses of hours made of acrylic is carried out by a piece of felt with packed for polishing or diluted with a small amount of mineral oil, chalk. The scratches are deeper than the P500-P2500 sandpaper, then polish.
To remove scratches from the surface of mineral glass there are several ways, the most common are, such:
- First, the machining of the sandpaper from P500 to the P2500, after which the finishes of the diamond paste with the gradual transition from the coarse-grained one.
- Grinding with the use of dremel and diamond paste with grain 5-2.5 and finishing with a grinding cloth.
Sequence of operations performed when polishing glass:
- The glass is removed from the clock, we clean the surface from contamination with the microfiber.
- We put on a flat surface and begin to grind careful, circular motions, trying to preserve the same pressure throughout the area. In the process of grinding, do not forget to make the surface with mineral oil. The operation continues until the scratches disappear and the surface will not become matte.
- We apply on a glass special paste and polish until the ideal transparency is achieved.
- Clean the glass from the remains of the paste and insert into the case.
How to remove scratches, dents and chips
Wasteness and scratches of the average value can be filtered by microfiber or felt using a metal cleaner. Polishing is carried out point, circular motions before eliminating the defect. After that, we clean the glass with a napkin.
From chips, deep scratches and small dents on the surface of steel will help to get rid of a manicure and nail polishing unit. Also, for this purpose a chain of fiberglass is suitable. Working with abrasive materials and brush should be accurate and careful not to add new damage.
With serious surface defects on gold hulls, with a spraying or coated with precious metals, it is better not to communicate at home and turn to a professional master who will stick and update the coating.
Features of sapphire glass
A distinctive feature of sapphire glasses is their exceptional hardness, but they remain very fragile. Such glasses, mostly occur on brand brands. Therefore, before polishing the sapphire glass on the clock, ask if you shoulded this task. Yes, and to scratch such glass, you need to try to trough, it is necessary to need very solid material, on the similarity of diamond.
However, if such a trouble happened, the restoration of the transparency of sapphire glass is better to provide specialists.
Professional polishing watch
No matter how prestigious brand is your wristwatch, over time, they lose their luxurious appearance and attractiveness. Professional polishing and prevention, repassage, hours - the most effective way to return the accessory to the former beauty, eliminate external defects formed during the use. The need for repack arises in such cases:
- The appearance of spots on the housing, its sweating;
- the presence of scratches, dents and the formation of chips;
- Significant damage to the glass.
Turning to the help of specialists, you can order a high-quality polishing of the housing and glass. After that, the old one, but the favorite accessory will return the appearance of the brand product, playing fresh tones, which will immediately affect the appearance and image of the owner.
Wristwatches - accessory that is in constant use. We are so accustomed to them that sometimes seem to be our integral part. They say, without hours, like without hands. So that this part of us served as longer as possible, it requires care and care. Spend a bit of free time - and the clock will shine like new ones. To extend their service life, try to comply with simple rules of care:
- Clean the clock after socks is better in a separate box, eliminating contact with other small items.
- Do not tighten with the replacement of the cracked glass to prevent the penetration of dust on the dial and in the mechanism.
- Remove the clock at night so as not to damage them in a dream.
- Leave the clock in the locker room when you visit the shower, bath or sauna. Increased temperature and humidity will not benefit them.
- Periodically spend professional prevention in specialized workshops.
To, as long as possible, with pleasure to wear, the image of the wrist watch, you need to ensure the correct care for them. As it turned out, no particular effort in this direction is not required - your free time, desire and quite affordable materials. But, if there is no confidence that you can handle yourself, then, always, at your service workshops on repair.
Video: Polishing Wristwatch Paste Goe
I will share my experience of polishing glasses of watches at home.
Polished 2 times mineral glass on orients. The glasses were so "killed" that it was not sin to experiment on them.
In no case do not use emery paper for glass leveling. We remove one deep scratch and get thousands of small depths, remove which will be much harder. He did it, using paper 1200. Similarly, large grains were present on paper, which left quite deep and, most unpleasant, long scratches through all the glass.
Toothpaste did not give any effect. Moreover, note that all sorts of collegiates and blendes for polishing are not suitable. The best dental powder, or our paste, Russian and cheaper, and then only for finishing finishing to remove the smallest scratches. Indian pastes are suitable, but something is not visible now on sale.
For the first time, after the eyelid, it was polished first the paste of Goe No. 4, and then No. 2. It took this all disgrace of 5-6 hours of pure time. Again in №2, the larger grains of chrome oxide were visible, which left alone, but noticeable with the naked eye scratch. The paste has put on paper for drawing, put the paper on the smooth table and polished the stelow of paper with cruciform movements. If you use the fabric, the details of the external design of the clock will inevitably deteriorate. As a result, the glass turned out with a huge number of small pits with rounded edges.
The second time postponed the sandpaper and began immediately to polishing the paste of Goe №4. Since I already knew that it would not be able to make a flat surface in any case, the task was another - "make large scratches less noticeable." The result was much better than the first time. On-site scratches formed pits with rounded edges, which are visible under the magnifying glass, but almost not noticeable from the distance of 50 cm. Traces from large enclosures were filtered with a tooth powder. Everything has passed hours 3-4 pure work time.
In general, polishing mineral glasses of the house - the occupation is not for the faint of heart. Much faster and cheaper to replace the glass to a new service.
Long ago I tried to polish diamond paste on a felt circle, fortified in a drill. As a result, the watches retired a nickel-plated coating around the glass and large scratches acquired a drop-shaped form, that is, they became smaller in depth, but more in size.
About soap - it probably was a joke ... Rather, you will polish the glass of the skin of your fingers, and the soap is needed for cooling them
Yes, and last remark. The mechanism should be removed from the housing before polishing. Otherwise, abrasive or water, hitting the details of the mechanism, will inevitably spoil it. After polishing, the housing and glass should be thoroughly rinsed so that no abrasive grazing remains.