Difficulties with a teaching puppy to the toilet often occur. In the ads almost always indicate that it is already accustomed, but in fact the owners sometimes find puddles in the wrong places, and they can even begin to doubt whether to take the dog at all. This can happen for various reasons: perhaps the puppy was not at all accustomed to the pelleny, and maybe the problem arose due to the move.
In any case, every owner who turned out to be in such a situation so that his pet will be traveled to go to the toilet. And in this he needs to help: the teachment will require patience, but it is important to remember that he is small, and it is quite natural that it will not all be obtained immediately. If you act correctly, the teachment will end within 3-6 weeks. How exactly it is necessary to teach a pet to the pellenya and will be told further.
Why teach the dog to the pelleon
A question may appear - why immediately do not teach the dog to go to the street, because then many pets have to be returned. The fact is that many puppies are better not once every street. They Not yet grafted They have a weak immunity, so they are infected very easily. To minimize the risk to health, better before the vaccination time to teach them to go to the toilet in the house.
There is a second significant factor: the metabolism of puppies is much faster than adult dogs, while they are not yet able to control their needs.
Because if an adult dog Enough walking Twice a day, then you want a puppy to the toilet regularly, and not only the day, but also at night. Few people have the opportunity, and the desire to ten times a day (or even more), to bring a pet to the street - much easier to teach him to the pellin. This is especially useful for those who have a tight schedule, besides, it allows you to go outside in bad weather.
Sometimes you have to teach old or sick dogs. They just can no longer walk, as before, therefore you have to use diapers, tray or pellery.
When to start learning
It is best to start him at once as soon as the puppy was at home. This means not "on the same day", and right after arrival: during the trip, he probably wanted to the toilet, because it immediately should be attributed to the pelleon. So he immediately starts to take her. And accelerate addiction and at the same time to reduce the stress from the move will help the same Pellink, which he used the breeder.
Peleins for dogs
They are divided into two main varieties.
They are simpler and not designed for long-term use.
It is more expensive, but it pays off over time, because one such a pelleka can be enough for several hundred machinery styrics. The teaching towards them is easier, because the puppy will recognize his pelleton, while disposable every time new.
Materials for them are used different: the simplest are made from flannels, there are also more advanced options like easily cleansing foam synthetics.
Pelains lay out in comfortable places and teach to go to the toilet in them. They are soft and comfortable, thanks to which the pet gets used to them and prefers to cope with the convenience and further.
One-day pellery is more correct to call one-day - it can be used during the day or two, and after filling it changes to the new one. By texture it is like diapers. Reusable can be washed and then use again.
How to choose
First of all, pay attention to size. Small, up to 60 × 60 cm, suitable for dogs weighing less than 3 kg. If the pet refers to the shallow breed, the reusing pelleka can serve him to the toilet and after he grows. For puppies more large breeds You need to pick up a film with a margin, meaning that they grow rapidly.
The dog weighing up to 5 kg will be better to purchase a pelleon in size about 70 to 90, and if it weighs up to 10 kg, then there is a pellery with a size of 70 to 120. Such often buy breeders to use during childbirth, after which they are used in enclosures.
Before the acquisition, you should pay attention to the feedback: if other buyers complain about the flow or strong smell after washing, then there is a pellery from low quality materials.
It is bad and in itself, but even those who buy it from for short-term use are not to be seduced by the price of such a product. Bad materials indicate a high probability of using aggressive chemical dyes and other substances that are able to influence the puppy's condition.
In addition, he may simply do not want to go to such a pellin - because it smells badly, it is unpleasant to the touch, or because of other problems associated with poor-quality manufacture.
Dogs recommend using reusable pelleys, they have a mass of advantages over disposable: with the same size, they absorb more moisture, safer - there is no filler in them, so pets cannot spoke them and swallow it, as sometimes happens with one-time, there are no concerns on their constant Purchasing and disposal, they are stronger and more convenient for the animal, so that the teachment passes easier, and it is simply much cheaper by a long use.
Pluses of the pellery:
- Allow to protect a pet from diseases from the street to vaccinations.
- Make it possible not to wander it hourly.
- Very helpful for patients and old dogs.
- Reusable just to wash.
They have and cons:
- Many pets then have to move to go to the toilet to the street.
- Disposable pellery need a lot, so in the end, they are expensive.
- With reusable lots, they needed to constantly clean - the pet will not go to the dirty one.
Features of the teachments of different breeds
Each breed has its own characteristics, they manifest themselves, including during the teachment to the pellin. With some, everything passes easier, others - overly active, have to be limited to the playpen. It is worth allocating the most important nuances of collaboration of dogs of common breeds.
Chihuahua and Toyaterier
Due to the rapid metabolism on the toilet, they need immediately after eating. To accustom to Pelaith. Thanks to this, you can quickly: barely puppy, it is necessary to put it on a pelleon, and next to pour a little warm water. It will work the reflex, and he goes down on the pellery to the toilet. After that, it will only be asked to consolidate an understanding from the puppy, which also needs to be done by repetition. Representatives of these rocks subtlyly feel the mood of the owner, because if they are not going to the toilet, where they need, they are worth scoring a little - they are well absorbed it, you just need not to overtake the stick.
Very active and inquisitive, seek to explore every corner. It can be used one of two tactics: either to lay a lot of cellar so that they are in each room, it is better not one; Either put a fence with multiple pellery inside. Then, as the baby collides to the toilet, will gradually be removed.
For their teachment, it is required to use a partition. If there is too much free space, the puppy will surely go to the toilet not there.
You need to tinker with them - to 6 months they are very difficult to teach them. Pelainka at the same time undesirable to use, because Husks can start taking everything soft for the toilet - for example, furniture. Therefore, newspapers are applied.
Labradors and Bulldogs
Very smart: if a puppy one of these breeds gathered not to go to the pelleon, you need to say him "It is impossible!", "Fu" or something like that, and attributed to the pelleon. That tone and actions, he will quickly understand what is required of him, and will be treated to go to the toilet as it is necessary - the owner's approval and approval will also help with each success.
Puppy's teachment in stages
Before starting the process, it is necessary to gain patience - in case of errors, you need to talk to yourself that it is quite a baby, and he still really understands how to behave. Even the mistakes can say a lot: for example, if the puppy stubbornly goes into the same place, maybe it's not necessary to deal with it, but simply put the pellery there. Often it happens a shaded corner, or on the contrary place next to the window.
Teaching begins from monthly age - before his offensive, teach a puppy nothing will happen, he still thinks too much. But immediately after he is a month, the most important time will come, since the main chants are fixed in this period - about 8 weeks.
With the right approach, the puppy will be well trained, however, he will not yet be able to control himself, and the risk is great, that even if he wants to go to the pellery, it just does not achieve it. Because the pellery is better to lay more.
Punish At this age, it is not worth it in any case, even if the teachment goes badly. He just will not understand any prohibitions. If he continues to systematically cope with the need where it fell, it is worth applying a barrier with a pellery inside.
By 2 months the need for the toilet will occur no longer as often as before. This usually happens after sleep, feeding or playing. The puppy needs to be attached to the pelleny every time and planting it near it, but so that he has moved to the pelleon already.
If everything goes on everything goes smoothly - praise. He should be much more pleasant to empty on the pellery than on the naked floor, so that by this time a persistent habit of becoming a rescue began with a month.
By 3 months, the puppy usually finds the path itself. In this case, you can gradually remove the pelleys until only one remains. If he is still inclined sometimes go to the toilet is wrong, you can scold him a little for the wrong behavior - to this age puppies begin to perceive condemnation well. The main thing is to use only a moderately elevated tone, without a screaming and even more so without physical punishment.
4 or more months
With timely, the beginning of training for age in 4 and even more than 5 months the dog should be treated without problems to protect the need. Most of the breeds by this time already need Make it on the street .
If the puppy remains not accustomed to the pelleny, it is worth contacting a specialist. If the process began simply too late, you just need to repeat the previously described previously for age in 1-2 months and then refer to it as three months old.
You can use additional funds - both attracting to the pelleny and scaping from important places. It is also worth remembering that the dogs do not go to the toilet near the food and in dirty places, so the pelleys must be constantly changing and washed.
Teaching an adult dog
The need to teach to the pelleka an adult dog may occur in case of illness or old age. In this process, there are nuances: sometimes a teaching happens faster than in the case of puppies, sometimes it turns out to be more complex. An adult dog understands everything, but at the same time already has established habits that will have to overbab.
Therefore, it should be accessed without a rush and calmly. When the owner sees that the dog has gathered to hover, you need to specify to her where to go. Pelleka should always stay on the same place - it is extremely important with adult pets. After the dog will make your affairs, you need to give a pelleon a little lie - this will allow the pet better remember where the toilet is located, and then it will be nimble They last times light, imperceptible to human smell smell.
PSA needs to praise if he did everything right. To make a habit faster, a hygienic mat can be used - the imitation of the lawn. For a dog, you can also purchase a column.
If the pet was brought up in the house, then there should be no big problems with the participation, but they will have to suffer from the street, but they will become accustomed to them.
How to promote a puppy
Promotion is an important part of the teaching to the pellenya, and training at all. The puppy should feel that he brings the owner with the right actions and conquers its location. Main ways to promote:
Doggy's delicacies - when the puppy successfully goes into the toilet, he can give a little tasty. You need to do it immediately, so that he understands the connection between the act and receipt of the delicacy.
The verbal praise - on the tone of the owner, the pet will quickly begin to understand that he is pleased with them. The main thing is to always use the same intonation, otherwise the causation of the puppy will be established difficult.
Tactile contact - the baby can be taken on the hands and stroke. But you should not do it for consolation, if it is upset by something: there should always be a reason.
These ways can be combined, the puppy does not confuse this, over time he will figure it out that all this is encouraging. If only one is applied, it will quickly get bored, and too much sweets are harmful at all. Gradually, encouragement should become increasingly rare, as a pet and himself will be accustomed to go to the toilet on the pelleton. A growing puppy must already perceive this not as a trick that does to get a treat, but as a common action.
The wrong approach to the teaching puppy is capable not only to tighten the process and even make it unsuccessful, but also to spoil the nature of the pet, and deprive the owner of his trust. So that nothing like this happens, you need to know about the main mistakes and avoid them. It:
Anger and impatience. Show understanding to the puppy. When he is quite small, he does not need to scold him at all, when it is growing, you can designate dissatisfaction with his behavior, but not anger.
Late punishment. You can scold the dog immediately after the error, but not after time, otherwise it will not understand what is the reason. It is necessary to do this for 10-20 seconds.
Slowness when replacing the pellery - if they are dirty, when the puppy will again want to the toilet, most likely it goes to another place, and it will proper progress in fixing the habit.
Confusion - if there are objects that resemble pelleins on the floor, nothing surprising that the puppy will guarantee the need for them. It can be soft toys or some rags.
Compulsion. Sometimes a pet is suddenly changing. I don't need to force it in such cases, just wait until he wants to go to the toilet again. But this applies to later stages: In the first few times, it is still possible to gently make the puppy go to the pellery so that he understands the principle itself.
Inattention - on the behavior of the dog it is easy to understand that she is needed. If you make sure that these moments are accurate, and every time you attract it to the toilet, it will take care much faster than if you pass.
How to equip a toilet
Faster to teach a puppy will help the faithful arrangement of the place toilet. And there are several rules here:
The passage to it should not distract anything so that the pet has the opportunity to access it without problems.
Pelleins are better not at the most prominent place so that nothing distract the baby, otherwise it can start walking into the toilet in the corners.
Try to change the location of the pellery. If they are very mobile, it is worth doing this little by little, no more than 10 cm per day.
If the puppy is large, as the pelleber stand it is worth applying a plastic tray, for small, you can simply sash it to the floor.
Carpets and bedding should be removed away from the eye for all the time until the puppy takes the puppy.
If the pets are somewhat, each of them should have a separate toilet, besides, they should be placed too close from each other.
Already after the puppy is accustomed to the pellin, the owners may have several questions, because as many people have to move.
How to teach a dog to ask the street?
If the puppy is vaccinated, then often there is no need to not let it outside. The teaching here is largely similar: it is also important that the dog acquires the reflex. To do this, you need to withdraw it as soon as signs appear that it is already time to encourage, if necessary to scold.
How to teach to the tray after pelleb?
When the pet grows, the owner may prefer him to go to the tray. It is simple to move it in this case: it is enough to put in the tray the familiar pellery. After some time it turns out to do without it.
How to teach to the street after pellery?
At first, to move the pet may not be easy. You should withdraw it for a walk after half an hour after drinking, immediately after waking up and games. Then the need arises just at a time when you will walk. He can have a guilty sight after going to the toilet on the street - it is worth showing him that everything is in order, and even praise. Over time, the puppy will be clear that outside the house he can calmly protect the need and without a pellery.
If it was delayed, you can try to take a pellery with me for a walk and put a bush when it comes. So you can do several times, and then start walking from the same place without Pelainka - the pet will take care that his new toilet is located here. If it does not help, you can ask for help from other dog breeders and go to a joint walk, during which a more adult dog will show an example.
Briefly about the main thing
To teach a puppy to the pellets:
- Start doing it right away how to get it.
- Pick over the pellery carefully.
- Consider the features of the breed.
- Change the approach as the puppy grows.
- Use encouragement.
- Apply punishment with caution.
- Provide the convenience of a puppy during the process.
Effective manual: how to teach a puppy to the toilet on the diaper in the apartment
One of the important points when the puppy appears in the house is its teaching to the toilet. After all, every owner wants to be clean in the apartment, dry without significant labor in connection with constant cleaning for the baby.
What is important to know before learning a puppy to go to the toilet on the diaper
In addition to buying feed, care objects need to do a toilet issue. Learn from the breeder whether the puppy is accustomed to the diaper or not. If so, everything is simple enough, you need to purchase the same. If the baby is not yet familiar with the toilet features, then all responsible work will fall on your shoulders.
You need to stop the choice on disposable absorbent diapers or reusable, which can be washed. There is no big difference for the dog, we are talking about the convenience of the owner. If you have a miniature breed pet and in the future you do not plan to walk it for correcting the need for the street, then, for example, to teach York's puppy at once to a special tray for dogs.
In order for the learning process, it is easier to purchase in a veterinary pharmacy or pet store special means in the form of a spray for teaching to the toilet and separate for the places where it is impossible to shit. Such solutions are produced by different manufacturers: 8 in 1, Mr. Fresh, smart spray, kiss and others.
Means and spray for teaching a puppy to the diaper are selected individually. Perhaps you have to buy products from different manufacturers and choose the most suitable. Some owners note the unpleasant smell of spray or lack of efficiency in their particular case when others suite others.
Use the solution simply: You need to spray a small amount on the diaper twice a day and give a puppy to sniff. Regularly handle the diaper, in the future it will help when teaching the street. It will be enough to spray the remedy in the right place, and the puppy will work the reflex on the familiar smell.
It is important to note that at different ages, the filling rate of the bladder of dogs is different:
- In 3-4 weeks in 45 minutes.
- 2 months in 1 hour 15 minutes.
- In 3 months 1.5 hours.
- At 4-5 months 2 hours.
- After 6 months, the interval becomes even more.
If urination is more often than once in 45 minutes, then this is a reason to visit the veterinary doctor to exclude cystitis.
Teaching a puppy to a diaper in 1 month
Prepare an apartment for the appearance of a new tenant: remove carpets, shoes and other items lying on the floor. If the surface is slippery, then you will have to purchase a coating that you will be easy to clean and not sorry to throw away when the kid will grow up. On the slippery floor, the dog can injure the paws.
Shipping the rest of the surface where the puppy will go to the toilet, diapers. By the monthly age, the kid still does not control the process, so it can write and can pump anywhere. Scold him for it meaningless.
The first stage is just acquaintance. To commit a monthly puppy to the diaper can not yet, the misses still be.
How to teach a puppy 2 months to a diaper
To two months, the baby is not going to the toilet longer. You can reduce the number of diapers and put them in the places convenient for you.
Most often, the puppies go to the toilet after sleeping, feeding and active games. The task of the owner to faith the moment and carry a pet so he can write on a diaper. If there are often misses, do not worry, as the dog is still very small, can not control the process and do not understand what they want from her.
Features of participation in 3 months
The puppy ideally should be taken from the breeder to a new house not earlier than three months, after planned vaccinations. It is also likely that the previous owner has already introduced the baby with a diaper and you will not need to apply a lot of effort.
At this age, the puppy is already more consciously suitable for the process of urination and defecation. But you are all just every time you stand a puppy on a diaper after feeding and sleep.
If the baby drank a puddle in the wrong place, then blunt her by a diaper. This place is treated with antigendine. Put the puppy on the diaper so that he realize that it is necessary to urinate on it.
Do not use physical strength, do not poke your nose and do not beat the newspaper. There will be only fear, and understanding why the owner punishes for the usual physiological process will not come. To prepare a dog to the upcoming walks on the street, you can take it on short walks in your hands. Start to get acquainted with a leash and collar.
Read a useful article on the topic: "We teach a pet to go to the toilet in a place or walk."
Tips and ways of training in 4 months
By four months, a gradent puppy is already beginning to slowly control the process of urination and defecation. At this moment no longer need to be stuck in diapers all around. Just one or two in the place adapted for this or in the tray.
Still no need to scold a dog for misses. Tactics of behavior should be like this:
- I went on a diaper-actively praised I stroke, you can encourage delicacy.
- By toilet ignore . Do not scream, violently express emotions or punish. The dog will understand that it scolds, but the causal relationship is not clear for her.
With four months you have to decide whether you will walk on the street with a dog or not. If, for example, you are trying to teach the puppy of the spitz to a diaper or a tray, then you can not insist on defecation and urination on outdoors . If we talk about larger rocks, then at this age you can not just take out to walk on the handles, but fully acquainted with the toilet on the street.
How often do you need to change the diaper and what else can be used as a toilet
Disposable diapers are invented in order to throw them away at once, and not to be extended washing and cleaning. However, the first 4 months of life of the dog is better to leave one dirty, with urine. This will help to teach the puppy, the smell at this time is not so sharp for the human face and you can suffer a little. Kal must be removed immediately, including to avoid coprophage (eating Kala), which is often found in dogs.
With reusable diapers, everything is also, but with the difference that they need to be washed with hypoallergenic or children's powders. You need to have at least four sheets so that they have time to dry.
Another option - tray for dogs . It looks like a feline, but more often more than the size and has a column in the middle. The filler is used as desired. There are models even with imitation of lawn grass. For a puppy, it is better to choose the simplest plastic version and retard the first time the diaper. The most convenient option in the apartment, if the dog is small and you are not always planning to walk on the street.
Possible problems and their solution
Despite the fact that in theory everything seems simple, in practice the owner may face a number of problems. But for all there are ways to solve:
- Puppy walks on a diaper one time.
Perhaps he is still too small and just does not have time to reach, so he pisses past the diaper. This is due to the fact that for up to four months they cannot restrain itself. It is equivalent to attempts to teach a six-month-old child without misses to ask for a pot. At a later age, the problem may be due to the fact that the dirty diaper, it smells not typically or something distracted.
- Puppy stopped walking on a diaper.
Causes are the same as during periodic misses. Do not be angry with a puppy and think what he does it on evil. There is no such thing as "specifically, to revenge" in dogs. For them, defecation and urination are quite normal physiological processes that do not disgust. Remember, because the dog can be happy to eat your own or someone else's poop and do not frown. In people, it causes disgust.
What you perceive for the feeling of guilt-pressed ears, a closed pose, eyes in the floor, not recognition of guilt, and fear. Teaching can be stalled if you will be punished for the fact that the puppy does not go to the diaper. What to do in such a situation? It is necessary to breathe deeply, drink tea circle with a chamomile, to get together with thoughts and realize that the puppy is not specifically. Take a rollback in your actions and start teaching from the very beginning: to wear on a diaper, praise for good luck and ignore the misses.
If the puppy poops past the diaper, then it is necessary to use the antigadin. Also, you must remember that soon the dog matures, and nature is laid out that she does not shit in his lair, which is your home for her.
- Puppy nibbles a diaper for the toilet.
This is a very frequent problem for owners. The kids will know the world with the help of grazing, biting and nibble everything, especially acute it is felt during the shift of the teeth. First of all, provide a puppy with other objects that can taste: balls, ropes, squeakers. Do not forget to pay enough time to games with baby and just communication.
There is enough attention and toys, and the puppy still eats a diaper. What to do in such situations is not always clear. And without a diaper can not do, and there is a risk that the pet swallows a piece that can cause the intestinal obstruction or vomiting. In this case, it is worth replacing one-time diapers on reusable and use a special spray from the humps.
Ways to teach a puppy to the street after a diaper
The next stage of the joining a puppy in adulthood - Walking and helping needs on the street. It is worth trying to learn after 6 months. Some dogs themselves quickly understand what is needed by what, and special efforts from the owner are required.
Otherwise, there is an algorithm of actions, how to wean a puppy from a diaper:
- The first walks are best done after feeding or sleep. If you go for a walk after meals, avoid active games, otherwise there is a risk of stomach harness, especially in large breeds.
- To walk with you a diaper and spray for teaching to the toilet if you used it earlier. For a puppy, soil, grass or snow is incomprehensible, so it can refuse toilet, because the native, familiar, comfortable diaper is waiting at home.
- Over time, the diaper can be cut into small pieces, and then remove it at all. But the spray can be left yet.
- Gradually remove the diaper and at home when you see that the dog is able to tolerate until the walk.
- Be careful if the dog resists, stubbornly does not want to write and Kakak on the street, then make more interval between bias and return to the previous stage.
- If you do everything according to the instructions, however, the dog still continues to shive at home, and it is older than 7-8 months, that is, the reason to contact the zoopsychologist and the veterinary doctor. The reasons for such behavior may be obsessive-compulsive disorder, diseases of the urinary and digestive system.
On average, the denial of the diaper and the toilet of the house and the teaching to the street takes from one to four weeks.
Video - How to quickly teach a little puppy to walk on the diaper in the apartmentTo teach the husky puppy to the diaper and walks on the street, like the baby Corgi is not at all difficult, as it may seem at first glance. All problems are temporary and quickly solved!
Together with the joy of appearance in the house of a small four-legged friend, there is a rattle rather quickly come and irritation from the fact that the favorite shoes turn out to be gnawed, and a puddle appears on expensive carpets. We have already told a diverse toy that the puppy can be entertained, so now we will stop in more detail on the second issue and tell me how to organize a toilet and how to teach the dog to go to the diaper in particular.
What is a dog diaper?
If a plastic tray is well familiar with absolutely everyone, then not every novice dog breeder is aware of the existence of a different variety of toilet for animals. Speech, of course, about specialized diapers.
They are two species:
Reusable models consist of simple fabric. After use, they will have to be washed, so you have to have several pieces in stock at once to change them for the period of washing and drying.
Disposable diapers are more modern. They consist of several layers: the water permeable top; internal, absorbent; and the lower consisting of a synthetic material that does not pass moisture. Usually they are sold with sets and after use simply change.
Despite the fact that the second option is more convenient, absolutely anyone is suitable for teaching.
What is important to know when buying?
- Diapers are of different sizes, so it is better to select them based on the size and breed of your pet, so that it was convenient.
- In addition, it is also worth purchasing a special card holder. It will help keep the toilet in a straightened position even during games. The frame is reusing and purchased for years ahead.
What is good diaper?
As you can notice, home-made dogs usually choose something soft: carpets or tracks, as they resemble natural conditions (loose soil with low grass) much more than laminate or linoleum. The diaper plays an absolutely the same role, and the puppy himself is more likely to choose it as an exhaust place.
7 simple steps
Now, when the theory figured out, it's time to learn how to teach the dog to walk on a diaper. This process is quite simple, but still requires patience and attention from you. Especially at first, since puppies often simply forget about their toilet.
For convenience, consider the process by steps:
- Choose a place toilet. It is advisable to immediately pick up where the dog will walk all my life. It is more convenient to locate a toilet in an entrance hall or bathroom, but in the second case you will have to keep the door ajar, so that the dog can go inside even during your absence.
- At first, all the rugs are better removed so that a prepared diaper remains the only convenient place.
- First you have to pay the toilet's close attention. Here you should know that the dogs usually have a need immediately after sleep or food, so at least it is extremely desirable to bring a pet on a diaper and wait until he does his business.
- The second option is to follow the behavior: if it starts to bruise, rip out or sniffed - immediately carry it on a diaper. There, of course, he can pretend that it does not want to the toilet at all, but simply plays, but after a minute or two will give up.
- To simplify understanding, you can put a rag on a diaper, which you have already managed to remove several puddles. The smell will give to understand the dog that it was already used as a toilet.
- In the future, with "misconduct", the puddles should be wiped off by a diaper, and the floor carefully flush. For cleaning it is better to use specialized means, since the chlorine in such cases is completely useless.
- Follow the cleanliness of the diaper. It is not necessary to remove it after the first use, but if it is too dirty, even the accustomed dog will stop going to her.
Finally, it is worth noting that to secure the result, the dog must be praised and encouraged in the case of the correct actions. Even if you yourself trampled a squad, brought it on your hands on a diaper, waited until he could no longer tolerate and still goes to the toilet. The main thing is that it will be done in the installed place. After such success, the dog should be stroked or even treating delicacy.
In the event that a pet again caught up with a misdemeanor, you do not need to scream and especially beat him - it will not understand what caused such behavior, since it simply succumbed to the call of nature. On the contrary, the next time he will hide from you and will find a more secluded place where his puddle or a bunch will be harder to find.
As you can see, teach the dog to go on a diaper simple enough. If necessary, this technique, like the diapers themselves, can be used to take care of the tray, but we will tell about it any other time.
To teach a puppy to a diaper - this is a task that many leads to horror. However, everything is not as scary, as it seems. The main thing is to know a few tricks, how to teach a little puppy to walk on a diaper, stock patience, perseverance and tranquility.
What is a dog diaper?
A diaper for dogs is a universal hygienic agent presented in the form of a small rug that absorbs moisture well. The product is two types - disposable and reusable.
Disposable diapers contain a filler inside, down - waterproof layer. When they cease to absorb moisture, they need to throw them out - you can not wash. This option is suitable if you do not like to wash and are ready to spend money on diapers regularly.
Reusable products are the perfect option for a pet break to the diaper. They are made of thick soft tissue, which is difficult to break, you can boldly wash and dry. Inside, instead of filler - a special membrane layer, instantly absorbing moisture, thanks to which the peel's paws are not wedged. The fabric is treated with antibacterial and antifungal agents.
The diaper can absorb up to 3 liters of liquid, so even the subtle puppies of medium and large breeds at the age of 6-12 months are suitable. One square meter of the product can draw 2 liters of moisture.
Why teach a puppy diaper
Teaching a pet to the tray will help get rid of:
- puddling in the apartment at every step;
- unexpected heap;
- A sharp ammonium smell of urine, feces.
When the baby is growing up, it will be easier for you to teach the peel to protect the need only outside, because it will get used to walk in a specially designated place.
It should also be remembered for vaccination. The first vaccination makes 8 weeks, the second - after 2 weeks, then quarantine 10 days. Up to this point, the peel cannot be walking in the yard, otherwise he can pick up a deadly infection. Diaper and tray during this period will save the floor of the apartment.
When should you teach a dog to a diaper?
From what age will the puppies for the diaper? Not later than 8 weeks, or even before. At the same time, it should be remembered that in the first weeks of life, the process of urination is an unconditional reflex that the baby cannot control. This ability appears as aggravated when the puppy begins to actively learn the world around, understand the first teams.
At three months, the pet must already independently, without the help of a person, find a toilet in the house.
How much to teach a puppy to the diaper
How long to teach a pet to the diaper - depends on your patience and the nature of the dog. Do not wait for the Peschand to be awarded the order from the first time, this can take several weeks. Much depends on age (older puppies task assimilate faster), dog intelligence, your perseverance.
The kid will quickly understand what if you follow him and attract a diaper as soon as he decides to empty (immediately after waking up, feeding, active games). When a pet can more or less control the process of urination, will go to a special place.
How to teach a puppy to a diaper: basic rules
There are secrets, the use of which will make it easier to teach the peel to the toilet. Basic rules, how to teach a puppy to a diaper at home:
- The kids love to empty on the soft surfaces, which on the subconscious level resemble the grass.
- Dogs quickly teach to urinate where they feel the smell of their urine.
- Small pebbles empty immediately after sleep or feeding.
- Pets love purity, incl. In the place where they go to the toilet.
- Provide a pet opportunity to stay freely to a diaper.
How to teach a dog to write on a diaper at home: Find a place toilet
Treat the place for the dog toilet in advance. He should not be where people often go. Highlight a secluded corner, affordable for baby - corridor, plot near the door, kitchen. You can equip the toilet in the bathroom toilet, but this is not the perfect option. First, the door should always be open, and secondly, the puppy may not have time to "race."
Place choose so that you can quickly move the pet to the dog toilet. Severate the plot, dust the diaper. Nearby, leave a place with an unfinished floor, where it may not be able to do need. Watch the pet empty to the diaper. After that, praise the peel and release to the will.
How to teach a dog to the diaper in the apartment: buy holder
In order for the matter does not evolve and not clenched when the puppy uses it, buy a special holder. It will hold the product in the stretched state. Alternatively, in the edges, you can put weights, so that they do not wet and did not start to stink, protect them with a diaper or oil.
How to teach a dog to the toilet on a diaper: take all the soft coatings
Hide all carpets and do not let pet in a room with carpet. Puppies love to empty mild and absorbing material. The diaper is soft, pleasant, and if the kid does not find a carpet, gladly empties on her. She quickly caught urine, and the next time the peak will come here by smell.
How to teach a monthly puppy to the diaper: toilet ritual
Little peak urins often, but there are moments when he always does it. The owner should know about them and attach the baby immediately, as happens:
- The dog woke up, but not yet crawled off the bed.
- After feeding.
- After or during an active game.
As soon as the baby does install the need for a diaper, be sure to praise it, intend, give a delicacy.
How to teach a puppy to the toilet in the apartment: watch the cleanliness near the diaper
Although dogs prefer to protect the need where they are already uringed, they will not get to the puddle, the remains of feces, dirt. Clean feces in time, wash the diaper. If a disposable product has ceased to absorb moisture - replace.
Like a puppy to teach to the diaper in the apartment: free access to the diaper
Pesk should be able to get into the toilet as soon as he wants. Watch that he does not go far from the diaper, he was constantly near her. If you suspect that the baby will soon guide the need, place it on the fenced area near the dog toilet. As soon as the dog is emptied, praise and take away from the chapter.
How to teach a puppy to the toilet: Never punish
Do not shout, do not intimidate the baby, do not poke the muzzle in the urine. So you can achieve the reverse result. The dog, when it grows up, will worry, which is not touching ... And leave a foot with fright. Sometimes in the apartment, sometimes on the staircase, as soon as leaves the limits of your home. This behavior is difficult to correct, and can accompany the dog all life.
If the puppy left a puddle, you can point to it and express your dissatisfaction with words that are crushed tone. The effect will be only if the remark was done during the first seconds after the incident. If the moment is missed, at least a few minutes passed, the baby will not understand what they scold him. At the same time, the puppy should be at least 3 months.
How to teach a dog to write on a diaper: Carefully clean the floor if the puppy went to the toilet in the wrong place
If the pet made his affairs in the wrong place, carefully remove the floor. In order not to leave the spots and smell, take advantage of specials for cleaning dogs (MR.Fresh, 8in1 Natures Miracle Stain / Odor Remover). If you do not read carefully at the puppy, the likelihood is that he will advise here for the second time.
How to teach a dog to walk on a diaper: You can not change the location of the toilet
The puppy must know exactly where it can empty. If he is curious and walks behind you all over the apartment, make some dog toilets in different rooms. As they grow, they can be removed one by one, but after that some time should be followed by a pet, directing to the right place.
How to teach the dog to the tray in the apartment
It is tamed no earlier than a pet dirty a diaper. For a long time, the tray was only a feline attribute, but recently there were models intended for puppies and dogs of dwarf rocks. It is a flat container with small sideboards. Their use allows not only to teach the peel to the tray, but also save the floor from random rubbers.
In some models, there is a grille, which allows not to use a filler that absorbs liquids, unpleasant odors.
When choosing a tray, such moments should be considered:
- Material - Choose products from high quality plastic. They are safe for a long time.
- Safety - For small peels, low sides are needed, for dogs older and bigger - medium.
- Paul dogs - on sale There are trays with a column, to which males can urinate. For the bitches it is not needed, for small puppies, too, they begin to raise the paw after 6-7 months.
Features of the teaching puppy to the tray
Before teaching the dog to the tray, he must master the diaper. This is especially true of small puppies who are difficult to leather through the side. When the kid lifted the diaper, move it into the tray. Do not fine the new product, the diaper should smell the urine puppy.
Next actions should be done by analogy with a teaching to the diaper. Immediately after sleeping, feeding or active games, put the baby right in the tray, praise when it goes to the toilet. If the pet is constantly "missed", put one of the diapers under the tray.
If the diaper is in the tray, you do not need to wash it with strong means that kill the smell - the pet will lose interest to him. If the smell of disinfector he does not like it, he will go to look for a new place toilet.
It is impossible to teach a puppy to a diaper
If the puppy does not want to go to the diaper, then you do something wrong. Analyze your actions. Perhaps you simply do not take into account the specifics of the breed.
Features of the teaching of different breeds of dogs
The technique of teaching a puppy to a diaper or a tray is the same, but consider the character of the dog:
- Toy terrier, Chiahua, York and other small moving dogs. For these breeds, an accelerated metabolic metabol is characterized, so they are often emptied. At the same time, puppies are active and curious. To accustom to the tray, they need to be limited in space or put several toilets, constantly monitors them. As the number of diapers can be cleaned.
- Spitz. For representatives of this species, irrepressible curiosity is characterized, regardless of the size. Hold it in a limited space is difficult, so make several toilets.
- Labradors. Puppies of this breed are very smart, easy to study, so there should be no problems. Every time, when emptying in the right place, praise it, let's treat.
- Husky - Dogs with a complex character. For up to 6 months, they do not want to control urination, so, by the teaching puppy to the toilet, you need to be patient.
How with a diaper and tray to teach a puppy dog to the toilet on the street?
So that the puppy learned to cope the need on the street, it should be quarreled 4-5 times a day. With six months, the number of walks can be reduced to 3 times.
Praise when the pet will figh the street on the street, do the houses for each puddle, which he will do in the wrong place. At this age, the puppy begins to understand what is required of him, does not want to upset the owner and tolerates. It is very important to walk it in the afternoon 1-2 times, otherwise the process of teaching to the walk will delay up to the year.
When the puppy turns 6-7 months, the diaper and tray gradually move to the front door. When you realize that the puppy copes need not as often as before, take the diaper and follow the pet. When he began to worry, spin in the place where there was before the toilet was immediately withdraw him to the street, before he was emptied.
If you did not have time, you can slurry "cry" over the puddle, but never shout and do not poke a dog with a face in a puddle. After some time, the puppy will be asked for a walk. Remember that a young dog should be walking at least 3 times a day, otherwise puddles will occur. If you can not provide this need, leaving the house, leave a tray or a diaper.
How many months to teach a puppy to a diaper?
From 2 months and even earlier - as soon as he began to actively examine the apartment.
How to quickly teach a dog to a diaper?
If you are interested in how to quickly teach a dog to write on a diaper - the answer is simple: follow all the rules about which is described in this article. If you do not have time, take a passive puppy, aged 6-7 months. They are usually already accustomed to the tray, quickly absorb the team, and after several comments waiting for a walk.Dog training
How to teach a dog to walk to the diaper?
By bringing a small puppy home, the new owner is the first thing a problem with a dog toilet arises. In the ads for the sale of coarse friends, it is indicated that the animal is already accustomed to the tray. And in fact, everything is often the opposite. Pesk, hitting a new habitat, begins to make puddles in all places, and some owners have doubts about the correctness of the decision to acquire a dog. But if you collect the will in a fist and show patience, it will turn out to teach your new pet to help help in a special place.
Home toilet for dogs of any age is represented in several options.
- Deployed sheet of newspaper;
- tray with filler;
The proposed toilet samples have their advantages and cons. The tray with the filler is more meant for representatives of a feline family, as they like to bury waste life. There is no such instinct in dogs. They are much easier for them to make their affairs on paper.
Only the version of the newspaper toilet will not please the most of the animal owner, as the smell will be much stronger than from the tray. In addition, the newspaper must be constantly changing.
Diaper is the best option of a dog toilet, they prevent the emergence of an unpleasant smell, they are easy to wash and dry. But this option is suitable only to dogs of small sizes or puppies. PSAs with large dimensions are best installing tray. If a small puppy should turn into a large-sized dog, the diaper used by them will need to shift in the tray. With age, the dog will understand the principle of the home toilet, will follow its own smell to correct the needs in a place.
The process of teaching the dog to the home toilet does not require the help of professional film engines. The newly minted owner can cope with the task. As additional assistance, manufacturers produce a huge variety of items and things.
Diaper for puppies are particularly popular. They have the smell of special enzymes, brightly felt by the puppy. In addition, they are disposable and reusable. Moreover, reusable options in their cost can slightly hit the pocket of the new owner. Although, on the other hand, This is a one-time purchase, and making a large attachment once, no longer have to spend money on additional accessories.
Next, we propose to consider the important advantages of reusable diaper toilets so that you can appreciate the admissibility of such a purchase in advance:
- Reusable diapers absorbs moisture very well, every time the dog copes the need for a dry surface;
- The fabric is treated with antibacterial and anti-grapple substances;
- Each diaper easily withstands the minimum of 300 styrices in a washing machine;
- One square meter of a multi-sized diaper involves absorbing 2 liters of moisture, which is very convenient for the owners of large dogs;
- The material from which the diaper is made is high strength, so the dog will not be able to accidentally break it;
- Washing diapers in the washing machine should be made during delicate mode;
- The lower side of the reusable diapers is made of non-slip material, so that they are well held on any surface.
Rules of learning
Before proceeding to the process of teaching a dog to a diaper, its owner needs to be patient. It is important to remember that The work is carried out not with a doll, but with a living thing, and without misses it will not work out.
It is very important to observe the behavior of the four-legged friend. So it turns out to find out where he likes to cope. Perhaps it will be a dark angle of the room or the territory near the window. There and you have to put a dog toilet.
The first time to do with only one place for the management of the needs of the baby will not be able to. The likelihood is that he will simply do not have time to reach the goal. For this reason Diaper must be arranged throughout the apartment.
As an animal is growing, the number of "toilets" must be reduced.
If a small amount of time is assigned to the puppy training, it is necessary to limit the animal movement. Immediately after feeding or sleep, the baby needs to quickly put in place, where the diaper will be located. There, the dog should be until I can right. After the puppy can be released for a walk through the house.
During communication with the puppy, you need to send a four-legged friend to the place with a diaper so that he felt the smell of his own enzymes. The owner is very important to learn how to determine when the puppy wanted to the toilet. In most cases, dogs begin to spin in one place, sometimes they whine, often sniffed. If at least one of these signs appears, the dog needs Immediately direct to the toilet.
It would be nice to see the new owner to consult an experienced breeder and learn what methods he used to teach his four-legged friend to the toilet.
As additional measures, special means selling in pet stores can be used. They are scared and attracting. Products "Antipis" should be treated with surfaces where the dog is categorically prohibited to protect the need, especially if we are talking about the boys of two months.
Dogs - clean creatures. One-year-old dogs, puppies 2 months and even the elderly individuals will not go to the toilet near the bowls with food and dirty place. Therefore, the diaper must be changed daily.
A properly compiled puppy breakdown plan to a diaper will very quickly bring their fruits.
The main thing is that all family members take an active part in this process, thanks to which the dog will feel the warm attitude of the owner's family.
The process of teaching puppies to the malfunction in a certain place must begin as early as possible. All their behavioral features are installed up to 7 weeks. If by this time the animal does not understand where it is necessary to cope with the need, later the teaching will flow much more difficult.
In the first month of life, the kid does not strongly understand what is happening, and is sitting off where he wants. In this case, the puppies are very much reminded of human children. The first time the puppy will cope with the need throughout the apartment, and not only on the floor, but also, as it should be on the diaper. And a few weeks later, everything will begin to change.
A soft absorbent surface will like the dog much more than a naked cold floor, where his paws become wet. So the dog will gradually begin to produce the habit of walking into the toilet only in a reserved place filled with comfort. Owners, in turn, It is necessary to praise a cooler friend for the correct action. , And after a couple of weeks, the puppy independently even at night will be specifically sent to the diaper.
In a two-month age, the puppies begin to cope with a little less often, namely after feeding, sleep and at the end of the games. The owner is necessary immediately after these processes to plant a puppy near the toilet, but that the animal independently approached the diaper and made their affairs. If the dog understands the owner, it must be praised.
In three months old, the puppy must find the toilet independently, without the help of a person. It is necessary to stop constantly carrying PSA to the diaper and gradually reduce the visits to the designated space for up to 2-3 times a day. The diapers laid down all over the house can be removed, leaving just in case one or two pieces in different places.
In the event that the puppy made slip, the pet should be slightly scolding, an increase in the voice.
During the teaching a puppy to the home toilet, it is necessary to use some rules.
- Dog needs to learn to obey the owner to distinguish the rigor in his voice and praise. Strict "impossible" or "Fu" should be for pets by the law of prohibition.
- It is very important to encourage a four-legged friend for good behavior and properly made actions. This item is key not only for teaching toilet, but also in training.
- If the puppy categorically refuses to go to the diaper, you must look after the tissue material suitable for the home toilet.
The procedure for teaching a diaper of an adult dog is much easier than learning a small puppy. Growing dogs are able to endure for a long time until they find out on the street. In situations where animals are ill and cannot stand on the paws for a long time, you have to use absorbent devices. A similar method can be used in the case when the owner in the morning or in the evening does not have time to bring the animal for a walk.
Teaching an adult dog to go to the toilet on a diaper occurs gradually. In the process, a command voice cannot be applied. As soon as the owner saw that the pet was going to hover, you need to specify a cops where you should go for these cases. In this case, the location of the diaper should be permanent. It is strictly forbidden to change its location. After making the dog, the need for a diaper should not immediately change it, it is necessary for it to lie a little untouched. Thus, the dog remembers the correct location of the toilet and will subsequently follow the flavor of the scent of the human sense of smell.
After the dog did his job in the right place, it must be praised and even give a treat.
Consider breed features
In general, the process of teaching dogs of different breeds to the home toilet has no difference, but still there are nuances to which it is necessary to listen.
Chihuahua and Toy Terrier
At an early age, representatives of these breeds accelerated metabolism. Accordingly, these dogs need to be able to cope immediately after eating. To push the kid on the correctness of actions, you can pour a diaper with warm water and plant an animal next to him to feel the moistened matter near the paw. Thanks to the reflex, the puppy will definitely be able to need in the same place. Toy Terrier and Chihuahua feel quite sensitive to the mood of the owner.
If you express discontent in response to their incorrect actions, they will very quickly understand errors and will try to correct them to deliver the owner.
These puppies need to be involved in a diaper with a partition. Someone this method may not seem like humane, but in fact it is not. Being in a huge space This charming animal can dump in the most inappropriate place.
Yorks are very often contained in decorative enclosures, where there are several diapers for the toilet.
Puppies of this breed are distinguished by special curiosity and activity. They are inherent to climb the apartments for all corners. For this reason The new owners will have to be seen by diapers almost the entire floor in the house or put the fence, inside which it will be necessary to decompose several "toilets". So the baby will cope with the need, without breaking away from the gameplay. Gradually, you can clean one diaper per week, so that only one absorbing surface remains.
Representatives of this breed - the creation of uneasy. Until the semi-annual age, the Husky puppies cannot independently control their needs. Up to 6 months behind puppies, their mother is caught. If the gap from the mother occurred too early, the new owner will have to manifest tremendous patience. Initially, husky teach to the toilet for newspapers. Diaper Use is not recommended, otherwise the dog will have a reflex to cope with the need for soft surfaces. They can start making bed linen, sofa, carpets. But in nature, Husky is clean creatures.
Newspapers used for toilet must be constantly changing.
These dogs are distinguished by a special mind. So during the teaching an animal to the toilet, you can immediately tell the puppy, which they want from it. As soon as he begins to sit down on the floor, to hide need, it is necessary to say loudly "no", grab the puppy in the yekka and carry it on the diaper. It will take some time to hold the baby in the place allotted for the toilet until he will do his affairs. If the process ended efficiently, the owner must express his approval.
Do not get upset if the dog escaped from the hands and ran away. After some time, the process will repeat, the main thing is not to miss the moment.
Quite often, the teachment of the puppy to the malfunction in a certain place is not crowned with success. You should not look for the problem in the animal, you first need to look from the side of your own manner of teaching a puppy and determine whether everything is done correctly or not. The following is invited to familiarize yourself with the list of common mistakes that most inexperienced breeders make.
- No patience. Puppies are very much reminiscent of young children. After active games, sleep, food, animal needs to go to the toilet. Newly minted breeders can not always determine or catch these moments, and sometimes puppies, wrapped around the corner, begin to cope with the need for clean floor. The owner needs to constantly watch the pet and seeing the urge to the toilet, to attribute it to the place for reference. Perhaps you have to sit near and not give him to go from a diaper while he does not make a "wet" matter.
- Little diaper. In the first week, dog's teachments must be closed by diapers most of the apartment. We'll have to suffer a little, because the baby is initially very difficult to escape from one room to another to play need, and it may simply not suffer. The puppy in the first month of life only studies the environment and can confuse a diaper for a toilet with a rag for washing the floors. A similar surface introduces a dog into confusion. In this case, the pet owner's mistake is clearly visible. Rag must be removed from the floor.
- Lack of attention. Even the smallest major friend of each other demonstrates that he needs to be right. And as soon as the dog begins to show at least a hint of a trip to the toilet, it must be attributed to the diaper.
- Punishment for random errors. To the small puppy must be treated with understanding. The main task of the owner is to teach the animal to cope with the right place, and not intimidating it. Seeing puddle, you can not physically punish a puppy. It is enough a slightly elevated tone to say that it is impossible to do so, show your discontent.
- Accuracy of punishment. This rule should pay special attention to the owners of puppies. You can punish the animal for the host for 15 seconds. After this time, the puppy will not figure out that he is discontent.
- Cleaning. Casual puddles on the floor need to wipe the toilet accessory. So the dog will begin to understand the relationship between the puddle and the diaper. And after the crime scene itself, rinse with detergent so that the smell remains on the floor.
- Timely replacement of diaper. You can not change the "toilet" immediately after the malfunction. It is important that some time passed, after which the film can be replaced. And its smell in any case will remain in the right place.
- Education. In the process of learning an animal owner, it is necessary to achieve his confidence. The owner must independently determine what kind of pet wants to do. Such interrelation will help to raise smart and decent PSA, to achieve his obedience and develop proper behavior.
Looking for dogs to the toilet below.
After buying a dog, the owners often break their heads, trying to understand how to teach a puppy to the toilet on the diaper. Without vaccinations, the baby is forbidden to go out, so I need it copes directly on the floor. If you do not teach the baby manners, then your home will quickly turn into a public toilet. Despite some difficulties, the learning process is not as complicated. The main thing is to comply with the basic rules and make a correction to the breed features.
1. What is diapers for dogs and why are they needed
- What are the diapers
- How to use diapers
2. The first and basic rules: promotion and punishment
3. Features of the teachments of different breeds
4. How is the process of teaching
- Adult dog
5. What can go wrong?
What is diapers for dogs and why they need
Teaching a puppy to a diaper helps reduce the number of walks, reduce their commitment and prevent the formation of puddles in the wrong place. Diapers well absorb moisture and unpleasant odors. Some species are suitable for washing and drying, so they can be used several times.
What are the diapers
Training a puppy is similar to the child's teaching to the diaper. Diaper consist of a variety of absorbent layers. The lowest is made of polyethylene, therefore there is a reliable protection against the flow. Pet shops and veterinary pharmacies offer two options for hygienic products: disposable and reusable. The latter are more expensive, but pays for the duration of possible use.
Some products are flavored. They leave a light pleasant smell and effectively eliminate unpleasant flavors. The size is selected individually, but usually the available options are suitable only for puppies and small dogs. Animals with larger dimensions will be more comfortable in a spacious tray. If you teach them to urinate on the diaper from childhood, then with the adulthy, it is enough to transfer it to the tray. The familiar smell and instincts will prompt the right actions.
Thanks to the special diaper material, they do not slide on the floor. The risk of tossing tissue tissue when referring is minimal. Reusable models are not necessarily erased manually: they are withstanding up to 300 machine styles in delicate mode.
How to use diapers for dogs and puppies
Accuracy to the new exhaust place passes quickly and takes no more than a month. Diaper are indispensable in the following situations:
Frequent physiological calls . Monthly and two-month kids are poorly controlled by urination and defecation. Life waste appears after active games, sleep and feeding. It is necessary to clean every hour. It strongly exhausts and does not fit the working owners.
No infections vaccinations . Up to 3.5 months, a pet is vulnerable to viruses and unable to resist them when infected. An option with a walk on the street is not even considered, until the vaccination quarantine is over.
Needs for night walks . A strong desire to hide need often appears in the middle of a deep night. Instead of walking the pet in the dark and lose short minutes of sleep before work, it is easier to teach it to walk in a certain place right at home.
Illness or elderly age . After the operation or by age, the pet cannot walk on the street as usual. Salvation becomes diapers or diapers.
Diaperwood toilet is a real salvation for people with a dense schedule. It allows you to give up a walk in severe frost and shower without prejudice to your pet.
The first and basic rules: promotion and punishment
The most important thing during training is the right use of rewards and punishments. Before buying a pet, shook one of the rooms absorbing diapers. After returning to put PSA at the prepared place and wait for it when he will law hard. Praise your favorite in words and offer a useful treat. Over time, treat the PSA once, and then give up at all of such encouragements. This will secure the desired habit of not as a trick for treat, but as an ordinary action.
If the puppy does not go to the diaper, but makes his business next to her - make him a strict remark. Do not go on screams and do not use physical punishment. This will not give results, but only scares the animal. A pet must capture your discontent, and not anger. Follow the thin face between these concepts.
If you have noticed a puddle or a bunch after some time - calm down and treat the "crime scene" a weakly concentrated acetic solution or a special spray destroying unpleasant odors. In this situation, the punishment is meaningless. An animal will only understand that the feces are "illegal", which means they need to hide them from the owner. This often leads to coprophage (eating excrement) or giving the needs for sofas.
During training, consider:
Favorite places. Traveled for animals. At the time of urination and defecation, it is defenseless, so often chooses dark corners away from prying eyes.
Square of the study area. The smaller the territory, the faster you can cope. Checologists are advised to limit the territory of the kids to a small pon. Man shapelings and gradually reduce their quantity.
The speed of moving a dog bedding. If you feel sorry to leave the animal in the Manege - shook most of the apartment. This is no less efficient, but requires more time. Move the absorbent bedding every day within 10 cm in the direction of the desired place, in terms of reducing their number.
Love for upholstered surface and cleanliness. Temporarily get rid of carpets and change regularly or erased the diapers used.
Do not forget about constancy. Most babies are practiced immediately after awakening and shortly after eating. Before that, they begin to whine, sniffing the floor and roll around the circles in one place. Noticing such behavior, immediately take the pet to the right place. After a successful operation, praise the four-legged pet and boldly release for a walk around the house.
Features of the teachments of different breeds
Essential techniques are the same for everyone, but sometimes it is necessary to take into account some breed features. These nuances will have to master the owners:
Yorkshire terriers. Yorks initially limit free space. Otherwise, learning is greatly delayed. Ship the diapers are a small aviary and arrange it with everything necessary.
Husky. Puppies of this breed are long trained independently. Before half a year, their mother raises them. With earlier selection, all concerns are assigned to the owner. Breeders recommend to teach them to the newspaper, as otherwise any soft surface turns under the blow.
Toy terriers and Chihuahua. The accelerated metabolism of these dogs turns into frequent urination. They will have to plant on the litter after each feeding. If you wet it a little with warm water, then the pet will work the urethra reflex. Pets are well captured by the mood of the owner, so they understand well that they want.
Spites. These curious dogs adore to know the world. It will not be possible to keep them in the Manege, so basking with reusable products capable of covering most of your apartment.
Labradors. Labradors are held in the top ten of the most intelligent dogs, they are quickly trained to teams and well understand their owner. When you try to control the needs in the wrong place, say "no" or "Fu", pick up the pet and move to the right place. In case of success, do not forget about encouragement.
While buying a puppy, ask the breeder a personal diaper of your pet. Even the accustomed animal is lost in the new territory. A familiar smell oriented in the right direction and prevent errors.
How is the process of teaching
The process of teaching depends on the age of the animal. Adult dogs, trained in basic teams, are much faster than a person than inconsistent kids.
The learning process starts a month after birth. If you do this later, you will have to spend more time. By 2 months, the developed behavioral habits are fixed behind the dog. If he is accustomed to be practiced throughout the house, then it will be hard to prove it.
At first, the four-legged kid is difficult to distinguish from the human child. He understands little in what is happening and sitting there, where the need will caress. Over time, the animal begins to catch the difference between ordinary floors and diaper toilet. In the first case, the paws are wedged and begin to freeze, and in the second - remain completely dry. The choice quickly shifts in favor of the last option.
Noticing change from the pet, do not forget to cheer it up and praise for progress. The owner's approval will strengthen the correctness of the choice. The dog will begin to stubbornly look for a diaper even at night.
From 2 months, the frequency of trips to the toilet is reduced. After eating, awakening and active games, put the baby next to the diaper, but not at her. This is fixed independence. Do not forget about praise.
From 3 months the number of hikes is reduced to 2-3 times a day. Independence rises, so the number of bedding can be reduced. Leave only a few spares in those places where the dog made the most frequent misses.
Some breeders insist on starting training no earlier than 3 months. True, only the fact that at this age the animal is easier to manage teams. There is nothing wrong with the upbringing of PSA before. If you are not a breeder, then proceed to training immediately after buying, without pushing out of age.
The whole learning process can be described by the following actions:
Preparation of place . Avoid passing and noisy rooms. Remove all soft coatings from the floor, distracting attention. Diapers can be immediately located in the trays. It is suitable for decorative rocks, often coping with the need of the house. The absorbing litter must be close to the lay, so that the dog managed to reach it immediately after waking up.
Accounting for time and symptoms . The urge to the toilet appear not only after sleep, but in 10-15 minutes after the dense lunch. Wake up behavioral changes and react to them in a timely manner.
Promotion and punishment . Praise and treats are distributed only if successful, and strict tone is applied with a detection detected.
Timely cleaning . If you be late with cleaning, then the loves will prefer a clearer place nearby, that is, it goes by.
In compliance with all recommendations, learning can be reduced to 1-2 weeks. Such a quick result is characteristic of rocks with high intelligence and patient owners who do not break on the cries.
The procedure for learning an adult animal is similar. Absorbing litters are used for representatives of decorative rocks, sick or too old dogs that are not able to go out. Adult dogs are more clear and more rarely certified, so it is easier to train.
Choose one of the rooms and place the diaper toilet. Attit the attention of the pet and let him sniff a new device. Encourage interest in this place during the appearance of the first urge. In case of failure, blot the urine under the bedding and let the sniff. Over time, he will understand what to go to the laid place.
For faster addiction, use hygienic mats that imitate the lawn. For males there are special sets with a column.
Difficulties arise only if the dog was taken from the street in adulthood. We will have to spend a lot of strength and time, but you should not despair - the patient owners will definitely work out.
What can go wrong?
If the puppy persistently does not write on the diaper - try to figure out for reason. The owner himself is often guilty Common errors:
Insufficient number of litters. At first, the dog does not catch the difference between ordinary floors and diaper. He may simply do not have time to reach the right area and stay where it is more convenient.
The use of bodily or belated punishments. Pet departing, you just instill fear, destroying confidence. Also unreasonably punishing the dog after more than 15 seconds after an error.
Too thorough cleaning. Hygiene is good, but sometimes the puddle of urine can be used as its "ally". Wipe them straight to the bedtime, so that the baby notice the relationship. After removing the urine, take care of the destruction of the smell in the wrong place by scaring the sprays. Also do not hurry to change the toilet immediately after use. The remaining pheromones are absorbed, but will be tangible only for the dog. After some time, you can wash or replaced.
Ignoring behavioral changes. Do not be lazy to attract the kid on the laid place. Regular repetition of this action will quickly deposit in his head.
After a few success, do not rush to sharply reduce the number of absorbent litters. Such behavior is not always explained by the already developed reflex. Sometimes it is just an accident.
Not all dogs suits the material of diaper toilets. In especially severe cases, you can resort to newspapers and rags.
Despite the advantages of diaper toilets, do not forget about the importance of walking on the street. They are needed not only for helping needs, but also to maintain muscle tone. Regular workouts will help improve immunity, prevent obesity and avoid problems with the musculoskeletal system.
The article is a recommendation. Consult the veterinarian or film!
We decided to take a dog, but what about the toilet? In ads of breeders for the sale of puppies, almost always promise treatment to the tray.
But in reality it turns out that the dog makes the puddles everywhere, except to the right place.
Talk about how to tame a puppy to a diaper or tray.
This process will require patience and perseverance. But then you will not find in the apartment "fragrant" gifts.
Dog toilet in the apartment
Options, how can you arrange a toilet for a puppy and an adult dog, three:
- ordinary newspaper;
- Diaper - disposable or reusable;
- Tray with special filler.
Each options have its advantages and disadvantages. Tray - rather a cat. Murlyakov like to bury the waste of life, but the dogs of such an instinct are deprived. They are more familiar to make their affairs on the newspaper. In turn, the newspaper may not please the owner: smell from her more than from the tray. Newspapers will have to change all the time, and the diapers - to wash. It is better, of course, to teach the dog to the tray, but if you faced the animal, you will have to get used to the diaper.
Munthogo diaper - option is more for a puppy or a small room dog. A big dog in the apartment is better to teach the tray.
Tip: Taking a puppy from the breeder, ask what kid passed: to a diaper or a newspaper. Keep up the good work so that it is faster.
If preference is given to the tray, you need to choose an option without high sideboards and stable. The toilet, stunned by an animal, when it is there, can scare the dog from the tray for a long time.
The newspaper and a diaper, when the puppy will be a little comfortable in the house and will understand that their divids should be done on it, it is better to shift into the tray, the usual tray without any grids. If the animal does not like the height, replace it with a simple tray or car rug. So you will make the toilet hygienic and protect yourself from the flow to the floor. Try not to change this pallet, but contain it clean.
Important: Pallets and tray itself can not be washed with fragile cleaning agents. Dogs are much more sensitive to smells than people - it can forever scare the pet from the toilet.
Deciding how toilet will look like, pick up for him Right place . To do this, it is worth watching the pet: even a small puppy will choose where to go, guided by its natural instincts. In place, independently selected by animals, the dog will walk with great pleasure, the process of teaching will take less time.
Usually dogs like to arrange the toilet near the doors, windows, balconies. If the place suits you - do the toilet there. If not, it is best to equip the tray in the bathroom, so you will remove the unpleasant smell from the residential rooms. It is important that the pet is free access. Other non-residential places without carpets and extra decorations are well fitted: a corridor, a kitchen.
Wherever has a place toilet, Choose it once and forever, and then do not change . Otherwise, the dog will be contacted, trying to understand where to walk, and where - no.
By choosing a place toilet, clear the neighborhood: roll carpets and tracks. If the rug makes a puppy once, he will understand what to write into a soft, fluffy and instantly absorbing moisture much more comfortable. In the future, it will be difficult to learn it. In addition, remove the smell from the floor covering - the task is nontrivial.
The first weeks of life puppy place around the toilet need to be limited . He still does not understand what to walk and why it is necessary to write and Kaka to write on the diaper. Its territory should not exceed 1.5-2 square meters, with bare floors, laying and diaper.
When the puppy wakes up, looking for a place toilet. This is definitely not a launch, but the baby will choose the latter between the floor and soft cloth. Gradually, it is possible to expand the territory, but not leaving the option for the toilet. More puppy - more territory - the same diaper in the same place.
How to teach?
For starters, be patient. Remember: in front of you a living being, and not a mechanism and not a toy, it is inevitable for him. To teach the puppy to the toilet is instantly impossible. Here is what to do:
- Watch the behavior of the animal . Where does he like to write? In a dark corner or, maybe the window? There should be a toilet.
- To begin with one place for the toilet can not do: the baby may just do not have time to run there. Arrange the containers across the apartment And, as you grow up, reduce their number up to two.
- If the time to teach an animal a little Limit its territory . Immediately after eating or sleep - at this time, the dogs usually piss, put the baby in a festick. Let him sits there until I don't need it, then you can take a walk. If the dog is contained in the pen constantly, it should include toys, a bed, toilet and a bit of free clean floor.
- Try more often to bring the dog to the place where they put a diaper. Notice the moments when you can see that the puppy wants to write . The baby begins to spin in one place, sometimes parching, sniffing. Immediately carry or enhance the pet to the pallet with a diaper.
- Contact your breeder's experience . How did he teach a puppy, what does his parents are accustomed? It is better to choose a familiar option for an animal.
- Can be used Special means . They are two types: scaping and lubricating animals. First, for example, "Antipis" treat those surfaces where the help of needs is undesirable.
- Replace "Antipis" will be able to replace ordinary bowl with food . Puppies are tidy, they will not be urinated where they eat.
- Therefore, the diaper must be changed often, a pot is rinsed. Sometimes a clean puppy will prefer to be punished than recking in a dirty place.
- If the baby did not calculate his strength and did not reach the toilet, Do not blame him . Just set the floor with a diaper and give her puppy to sniff. The location of the puddle needs to rinse carefully so that the dog does not decide that the toilet is now here. By the way, the detergents with chlorine are contraindicated: they only enhance the smell of urine.
Important: If the puppy is completely small, it is impossible not only to spank it, but even scream. Animals at this age are very sensitive. He is enough and strict notch in his voice. Months from 5 you can use slap on the pope - but so to do not hurt, and it's a shame. In general, misses with the toilet are natural up to 8 months, So you should not swear too strictly.
Do not forget about the promotion: whenever the baby goes on the diaper, praise it. You can stroke, call by name, to speak in a gentle voice and even give a snack.
To understand how quickly a puppy will make a puddle again, resort to this calculation: the baby can tolerate about so many hours as he is for months.
Depending on age
The learning process is important to start as early as possible. All behavioral features are formed in an animal to 6-7 weeks. If by this moment the dog did not understand where it is worth writing, and for which they will break, then it will be worse.
Without blunders at this age, it is not necessary: the puppy still does not really think that it happens to him and sit down, where he wanted. Imagine a human baby - how to teach it? Only gradually. Therefore, first observe where the puppy pisses, and put the diaper into this place.
Initially, the puppy will write without disaster: both on the floor, and on the diaper. But soon everything changes: a soft and absorbent moisture place like a puppy more than a naked floor. So gradually the habit will work out. And do not forget to praise for each hit! After a couple of weeks, the kid even at night, especially, will go to the diaper.
At the age of 2 months, the puppy will begin to urinate less often: only after feeding, sleep and active games. Try immediately after these processes to plant it on the diaper, see the animal makes your affairs. If it understands you and listens, praise. Also attribute a puppy on a diaper need when it begins to spin, whine and look for a place.
A puppy at 3 months will grow up and must learn to find a toilet. Stop wearing it, reduce the number of diapers up to 1-2. It is not worth removing everything at once, better one in a few days. If the misses are allowed, you need to scold a little pet for a rigorous voice.
- Teach the dog to obey your intonations. Strict "Fu" should be the law.
- If you can, buy diapers with filler, which turns into a gel. It will remain dry all day and will allow the puppy to not wet the paws. He will like it very much.
- Put the dend on the diaper or in the tray, a dog litter, a cloth, which I was styled by urine - it will tell me that the need is coping here.
- It is very important to reward a puppy for good behavior. This item is key in learning. Every time the puppy led himself as expected from him, praise him. This is especially important in the first few months when the baby is just learned by proper behavior.
- If the puppy persistently walks on the diaper - change the material, try the newspaper.
- Do not shout on the animal, do not beat him. So you only break the psyche of the baby and get an embossed, aggressive animal at the exit. If the puppy does not understand your strict intonations - it is not his fault . Try to work on your voice, seek your calmly, but steadily.
- It is impossible to poke a puppy with a face in the left puddle. This is especially true of large, security breeds: they are smart and will perceive this punishment as an offense. You destroy trusting relationships from the very beginning.
- Do not intercept. By 3 months, the puppy must already understand that it is impossible to go to the diaper - his duty, and it is impossible to miss a snack. You do not want to feed a 5-year-old peel for what he pissed in the right place?
You can not scold a puppy if you found a puddle after time . A pet may incorrectly interpreting the conclusion: he pissed in the wrong place, the owner discovered it and turned out. Consequently, you need to thoroughly hide the "traces of the crime"!
If you can easily withstand the character, patiently work with animals and not make these mistakes, you will be waiting for a complete victory.
Depending on the breed
We will analyze how to teach to the diaper puppies several of the most popular breeds. The principle of teaching will not differ, but some features are.
At an early age in Chihua, the accelerated metabolism, the dog will go to the toilet immediately after eating. Therefore, carry the animal on the tray as soon as it sees. In order for the baby to realize that you need to do my business in a tray, help him: Pour a diaper, lying inside, a little water, then put a puppy there. The kid will feel wet and urinate. Chihua really feel the mood of the owners. So, if you show him your discontent, he will extremely quickly learn.
The puppy of this breed is better to teach the diaper by the method of cutting space. Do not think that it is inhumanly limiting him the territory of movement. Inhumanly leave the kid in a huge, according to his standards, unfamiliar space. The puppy may be bored, eat something dangerous, and that the worst thing - they can come to him, because the kids of York are very restless and all the time spread around the owner.
IMPORTANT: Diaper needs to be pressed, otherwise York uses it as a means for playing .
The rest of this breed is learned very easily, especially in the game format. So you will not have any problems.
If the baby was purchased in the nursery, then it is most likely accustomed to the toilet-diaper. Simply, being in a new place, he was a little confused. Your task is to help him remember the skill. With this breed, it is also better to use the fence method.
Pomeranian spitz puppies are very active, inquisitive, they are climbing everywhere (it is simply impossible to wean from it). You will have to make the entire floor in the fence diapers, so that the kids urinate, without breaking away from the game, and only gradually reduce this space to one diaper.
Not everything is so simple. Until half a year, Huska puppy is unable to control their own physiological processes. Up to this age, mom is cared for them. Well, if you tear off the baby from my mother too early - you have to suffer. Starting to teach husky to the toilet, It is worth useing a newspaper , not a diaper. Otherwise, the habit in the future Husky will mark the bed and carpets.
Husky is extremely clean, so you often change the newspaper. And consider that this is definitely not the breed that will be accustomed to the tray - they must move a lot and often go outside
This is a very smart dog, so you can immediately show what you want from it. As soon as the baby is sitting on to write, say "no" loudly, take it in a shock and carry on a diaper. Hold there (but not much) until he does his business. If everything happens - express your approval violently. I broke out and ran away - nothing terrible, through time everything will repeat and remember.
The diaper is involved in all puppies without options, because months to 6 with babies are rarely walking on the street: they are still poorly perceived by a big, noisy and terrible world, and most of them are not vaccinated. But the tray will only be suggested for those animals that will be rarely walking on the street.
Get ready for, perhaps, the process of breaking to the tray will not pass quickly. Not every pet agrees to cope in the apartment in a specially designated place. But the trouble with such animals is less. Popular breeds of dogs walking on the tray are considered:
- Chinese Crested.
- Pomeranian and dwarf spitz.
The transition from the diaper on the tray is very important. Teach puppies to go to the tray of months from 3-4. For kids buy tray with as low sidelights. If you have a girl, then such a tray can be saved, and when the puppy will grow up. And if the puppy is a boy, you need to immediately install the tray away from the wall so that it does not suffer. As an option - we rusally scold the baby whenever it starts down the paw. Then the animal will get used to walk on the tray like a girl.
The tray put on the place where the diaper before was lying. The first time there is put on the described diapers - a puppy by smell will understand what you need to go there. After 2 days, the smell will already be saved in the tray and the newspaper can not be put.
Tip: Choose a pot of more size so that the kid can turn there, did not feel flawed.
Be sure to praise a puppy for interest in the tray. Let him bearing around him, sniffs. When he will make his works there for the first time, reward it.
Now, if the puppy described, you need to attribute it not to the diaper, but in the tray.
Important: When the baby is wrong, take it into the tray, but in no case do not spit in the tray, do not drag there for a cork! So you will form a fear of the toilet in an animal.
The farther is small: watch the baby, scold for misses and praise for hitting. The whole process of teaching the tray takes about a month.
No longer young dog usually want to teach to write and kakak in the apartment in the tray in three reasons:
- Animal disease. It cannot tolerate or constantly go out.
- Unlike of a dog that constantly awaits walks.
- Permanent host employment, the inability to walk regularly with a pet regularly.
After making the decision to learn an adult dog to go to the tray, remember that it is not easy and takes a lot of time. If there is no weighty reasons for that - it is better not to torment yourself and an animal. If you decide that you need it, act as follows:
- Close the dog in a separate room. It will be in the near future. From it you need to make carpets and everything is soft. Wait until the dog begins to deteriorate, take it for the collar and move it to the tray. Show what you need to do here.
- Treat tray with a special odor to the tool that will lure a dog. It is sold in vet.apeca.
- For each "hit" praise. For each slip - scold, but without beatings. Best of all, the dog is all the time in sight.
- Be sure to punish the animal if it is practiced in your eyes in the wrong place. There can be no exceptions: otherwise the dog will understand that it may not scold it, and will begin to check you for strength. Do not forget that the animal can be described from joy when returning the owner - here it is not worth scolding it.
- When the dog is slightly relieved, you can release it from imprisonment, gradually expanding the space. But while watching the dog, whether he goes there.
Important: Depending on how you have a breed of dogs, a teaching to the toilet in the house can take you up to 30 days.
- Strictly punish a puppy, form a fear of him before the owner. A intimidant animal learns worse.
- Beat an animal for a puddle and a handful found in time. In particularly launched cases, such behavior of the owner leads to coprophage - eating their own excrement. Wean the dog from this is very difficult.
- Please choose a tray not in size, without considering physiological needs, too close. An adult dog will need a tray with a column.
- Do not keep clean in the tray.
- It is inconsistent to punish the dog, after "closing their eyes."
- Negone praise.
- Forget about permanent training. Even an adult frantic individual sometimes presents a surprise. In addition, dogs can forget where their toilet, if you do not give animal enough time.
So, now you know how to teach a puppy to the toilet. Remember the most important thing:
- All puppies are initially taught to the diaper. It is done aged from 1 to 3 months. Acqualing the baby then to the tray or not - the individual solution of each owner.
- The teaching puppy to the diaper, you need to limit the space to him, cut the choice to the "soft comfortable diaper" and "uncomfortable hard floor."
- The best way to teach a puppy - praise.
- Beat and screaming to the dog - the best way to scare and pour it out, and not to teach to the toilet.
- Adult dog teach to the tray is difficult, but you can. It is important to choose the right size and design of the tray.
- For teaching the dog to the toilet, consistency, strong nerves and patience are important.
If you listen to these tips, your pet learns everything! And in the comments you can share your success, exchange personal experience gained in practice with small tricks and boast of the success of your pets. Capture the baby who coped with the first important thing in his life, Share the photo and funny stories! Make the process of teaching to the toilet as fun as much as possible for myself, because the dog living in the house is, first of all, a bunch of positive and good impressions.
How to teach a puppy to a diaper in 2 months
Taking a small puppy into the house, you should be ready for the fact that it will be difficult for him to tolerate before walking, and small troubles will be inevitable. Well, for miniature breed dogs, this problem can be maintained before adult. Therefore, you need to know how to teach a puppy to the diaper, even before it appeared in the house.
Whether it is necessary
Polls of dog owners show that for half (51%) of them, the problem of teaching dogs to chioplost remains relevant even when the pet has already rose from puppy age. A quarter of dog breeders taught a pet to protect their natural needs only on a diaper or a tray and another 14% - walking the dog, but if there is no such opportunity - the pet can go to the toilet on the diaper or in the tray. And only 7% of respondents the dogs calmly suffer before walking. In the latter case, we are talking about dogs of large and medium breeds.
About how the issue with a toilet for a puppy will be solved, should be solved even before it appears in the house. Well, if you can walk the pet several times a day - when these responsibilities can perform, for example, several family members. When the owners work all day, the little puppy will not be able to come home until they arrive home. Therefore, it is more convenient to teach him to go to the toilet on the diaper.
Tray or diaper?
Puppy is not a cat, it is distinguished by physiological signs and instincts. The kitten with diligence digs in the tray, the puppy calmly makes her affairs and runs to play further, not focusing on the process, neither to hide his results. Therefore, a special difference in that - to a diaper or a tray, there is no dog - no.
In pet stores there are special diapers and litters for puppies. They absorb moisture well and do not proceed. Diaper prevents the spread of odors, which allows you to keep cleanliness in the house, even if the owners have a whole day absent at work.
Such diapers are made of non-toxic, hypoallergenic materials that are harmless to animals and the environment. They can be used at home, and during the trip, and at the exhibition.
Trays for dogs differ from feline. They have a frame for a diaper or grass rug, for males produce trays with columns. Support hygiene helps the possibility of changing diapers and rugs in the tray.
Breeders, as a rule, are engaged in the teaching puppies to the diaper from the earliest childhood, however, hitting the new home, the puppy can be confused, and all skills will need to be accepted.
At what age will
Cleanliness and hygiene - two fundamental factor in the maintenance of a pet in the house, so the puppy should be accepted for a diaper immediately as soon as he appeared in the family. The older the dog is, it's more difficult than to pick it up with it, so the learning process will be longer and complex.
But completely small puppies (1-2-month) urination is rapidly and more often uncontrollable. To endure and control the physiological processes in its body puppies begin at 4-5 months. Therefore, many experts believe that the most effective teaching to the toilet in puppies will be at the age of 3-4 months. Usually at this age and buy puppies from breeders.
However, if the baby is not Doros until 3 months of age - it's not worth waiting. Just the process of teaching will be longer and will require patience.
How to teach to a diaper 1.5-2-month puppy
Congenital instincts about the toilet do not happen. The only understanding in a small puppy head concerns that it is impossible to shit where you sleep and eat. All the rest of the space four-legged kid can perceive as a potential toilet. Therefore, it is desirable to remove all carpets from the floor that may suffer from a small puppy.
The process of teaching a puppy to a diaper or a tray consists of several stages. On the first it is recommended to limit the living space for an animal limits of one room, for example - rooms. It is necessary, in order for as few things in the house as possible in the house, and for a small pet, the process of adaptation in a new house will be easier.
Purchase carefully - when the puppy makes the puddles. This usually happens spontaneously after eating, sleep, games. At these moments, be extremely attentive and immediately include a puppy on the place allotted for the toilet. At first, it should be done every hour. Wait until he does his business and be sure to praise him. Only promotion can be achieved good results.
Do not scold a puppy if he made a puddle in the wrong place. He is still small, and not his fault in what happened. A pet does not understand what is waiting for him.
If you encourage a puppy after it goes into a toilet on a diaper, afterwards it will understand what to do to get a delicacy. In addition, animals read emotions well, so the upset kind of owner, the tone of his speech puppy will feel right away.
It will take for a while that the pet is unmistakably performed all actions - managed to reach the diaper and made her affairs. Therefore, bring patience, bring your actions to automatism: Puppy washed - we carry on a diaper, we give a delicacy, I woke up - I am carrying again, encourage. And so because of the day a day, until one day you will not see that the pet itself runs to the toilet, and then waiting for goodies.
Sometimes puppies do not like the place allotted for the toilet, and it stubbornly chooses another angle. The best option to overcome such stubbornness is to put diapers in several places and observe. If the puppy prefers the same place, the rest of the bedding is removed, and the "favorite" gradually move to a place that is more convenient for you. When the misses no longer happens, you can put the tray, put a diaper into it. Over time, it may be possible to do without it, when the pet absolutely will accurately become the actions required from it (not for a yummy, and instinctively).
How to teach to a 3-month puppy diaper
3-4-month-old dogs are already able to control their physiological needs. If the dog at that age appeared in your home, you can already teach it to go to the toilet to the street. True, the puppy walks several times a day - at least four: after eating, after sleep.
Not all animal owners have such opportunities. If the owner and members of his family are missing houses throughout the day, it is best to teach a pet to the tray, which he can take advantage of the day, and in the morning and evening walk on the street. Therefore, it is desirable that the dog is not lost in a similar situation - could use a tray or diaper if necessary.
Teach the dog to teams: "Walk!", "In the toilet!". The latter will be useful if the walk is impossible for any circumstances, so the dog will be able to play a diaper.
You can control the process if you teach the dog to the routine of the day, feed at the same time, wander at certain hours. If the smaller puppy is asking for a toilet to the street, bring it to the tray, insert: "In the toilet!".
These methods are suitable for those cases when an adult dog has appeared in the house. Even if in the previous house it was accustomed to the tray, maybe it will have to re-start the whole learning process.
Tips for specialists
Raising the dog - the process is long. Patience is the chief assistant in teaching the dog to the tray and a diaper. Chest technicians give their recommendations, how to help pets and keep cleanliness in the house:
- You can use special tools that are sold in pet stores. There are sprays for teaching toilet and those that have reverse action - scare the animal from unsuitable for this place;
- The "whip and gingerbread" method in relation to small puppies should be replaced with a "gingerbread": try to praise the pet, if he went to the toilet on the diaper, but with annoying misses do not rush to scold and punish. On the distressed voice of the owner, the puppy will understand that he was wrong;
- A pet can consider such methods with cruel, but to wean a dog to shit in the wrong places, putting a bowl of water or food there. For domestic animals, it is taboo - to protect the need where they eat.
Scolding the dog for the already made puddle - it is useless. It is unlikely that the pet will understand, for which the owner is angry with him. The censure (voice, but not cry!) It can be appropriate only if the puppy "caught on the crime scene"
With the problem of teaching to the toilet face all domestic owners. Usually breeders begin to raise the chopping, but, hitting a new home, the dog may behave in different ways. And one puppies will need a minimum of time for adaptation, others will have to take a long time to the tray after eating and sleep, wait until a small dog needs needs. But patience will help solve the problem, and the grieving puppy will already easily ask the street.
Share this article on social networks
One of the problems of the detention of a dog in an apartment or house is a teaching to the toilet. In the past, the problem was solved, a stagnant tray with newspapers or sawdust. Today, specialized diapers appeared in the assortment of veterinary shops, with which it is easier to teach a pet to the toilet and ensure hygienic care. How to teach a puppy to walk on a diaper without misses - detailed instructions and advice further.
Why teach a puppy to go on a diaper
Diaper for a canine toilet appeared relatively recently and in their composition and the principle of action similar to conventional diapers. They are designed to absorb excrement and facilitate hygienic care.
Diapers for four-pall pets are two types:
- for one-time use;
- Reusable that can be washed.
Disposable diapers are created from three layers. The first layer consists of biodegradable polyethylene, which does not harm the environment. The inner layer consists of an absorbent substance that holds moisture that is converted to the gel. The outer layer is a thin, transmitting liquid inside, but not giving it back. In addition, in disposable diapers, flavoring additives and sorbents are used, for example, charcoal - it absorbs the smell.
Reusable diapers are of different types - from a simple absorbent flannel to foamed synthetics, which absorbs moisture, but just as easy to clean. The most popular multi-layer diapers of reusable use, in which, instead of the absorbent filler, durable natural fabric, holding moisture and preventing the spread of the smell. Reusable diapers are more expensive, but in the long run more economical, so many breeders prefer such an option.
What are good diapers for puppies
The use of diapers for dog needs has a lot of advantages.
Only a few of the advantages of such a device for teaching and use in care of adult pets are described below.
- The optimal option to accustom small puppies to go for the need for a dedicated place. It helps to quickly work out an important skill without stress for the owner and pet. There are special diapers with attracting puppies in the smell, which greatly facilitates the process of training.
- The device greatly simplifies the owner maintaining cleanliness in the dwelling and eliminates such a problem as an unpleasant odor. The impregnation or sorbents that are contained inside the litter do not allow the smell to spread around the room.
- The bedding is the optimal solution for breeders who are often removed from the house and physically do not have the ability to bring an animal to each call for a walk to implement physiological needs. The dog left without supervision can go to the cauldron-made pot on a long time, while not disturbing purity in the house.
- The litter is a convenient and practical solution to the problem of physical needs for pets in cases of bad weather when it is impossible to bring it to a walk and realize needs in vivo.
- Diaper is indispensable for sick animals, which need special care and contraindicated activity in the form of walks.
- With the help of the device, you can easily solve the problem of bad education, if you have to move a puppy or an adult dog.
- A puppy can walk on the diaper during flights or moving. It is convenient to lay it in carrying.
A simple and accessible value required for the content of puppies at the breakdown stage, which does not do without misses. The presence of a container with a diaper reduces the risk of misses.
Arrangement Pot with a diaper
To quickly teach a puppy to go on a diaper need to take into account all the nuances and comply with the basic rules. After buying diapers, it is necessary to make the arrangement of the place in which it will be located. In order not to have problems in the process of teaching, it is necessary to take care of the comfort for a puppy and take into account several rules.
Tips and rules of arrangement are universal, they are all presented below:
- The first rule - in no case cannot be changed location too often. This is permitted only in emergency cases, for example, if the puppy persistently notices him and copes the need in the wrong place. In this case, to teach a puppy to a diaper, relevant to the transfer to the knitted pet, where he often goes to needs.
- In the room or room where the container is located, there should be nothing that lands the passage to it. Access to the improvised pot must be around the clock, so that at any time the animal can get there and use it for its intended purpose.
- At the time of teaching a puppy to a diaper, it is necessary to remove all the litters and carpets out of the room. Any soft surface in the room can be mistakenly accepted by a puppy for a place in which you can cope.
- It is not recommended to place a diaper in plain sight from everyone, as it can distract the dog. In such cases, the pet can start hiding in the corners and walk on its affairs in the wrong places.
- You can not be placed near the tray next to the feeders or water tank. Dogs are clean animals and will not be able to regularly cope the need where they eat. To teach the puppy to go to the diaper will be almost impossible, because natural features will take the top over the discipline.
- For large puppies, you can use a plastic tray as a stand under a diaper. For dogs of small breeds or small, not yet grown puppies, it is enough just to make the litter on the floor. High side trays can become an insurmountable obstacle for a puppy, which is in a hurry to realize their needs.
- Next to the tray or diaper should not be strongly smelling substances, the aroma of which will scare the animal. This will significantly complicate the learning process.
- If there are several pets of one or different species in the house, it is important to organize the space so that each has its own corner. If this is not possible, the number of trays should be such that if necessary, everyone can have access to them.
- In a dog hygienic corner, you must always keep clean. Diaper should be changed in a timely manner. Excessive pollution of the tray can cause a pet refusal to go to it in natural needs. In this case, the animal will search for other places to implement its needs.
After equipping the toilet for all the rules, you can proceed directly to the process and teach the puppy to go on a diaper. If any errors were allowed at the preparation stage, then in the process it will be possible to easily notice them and correctly fix it.
Stages of teaching
Experienced breeders have a number of their techniques that they use for puppies, passing them to go to the diaper. But this does not mean that any technique that has worked in one case can be used for all. Chariting to walk in need in a specially reserved place, it is important to maintain observation and track features of the character of the ward.
Each dog has its own characteristics in behavior, which also needs to be considered. However, there are basic and universal rules that will help the most clearly build the process of teaching and avoid problems at this stage.
Instructions and tips, how to teach a puppy to a diaper - Next:
- Start teaching a puppy to go to the diaper follows from a study tour. Setting the animal in his home, you should immediately show the prepared place for meals. After that, immediately hold a tour in a pre-prepared place prepared for the toilet.
- While the puppy only passes the process of teaching, it is desirable that someone always be near, who can control this process. It will take no more than 7-10 days if everything is organized correctly.
- After each meal, sleep or drink can immediately attribute a small ward to the toilet. As a rule, puppies almost immediately after the described actions have the need for the toilet. Such a sequence will allow you to quickly teach a pet without much difficulties, and it will begin to go to the need for a place.
- After each successful hike in the prepared toilet, the puppy should be encouraged - to give something delicious, stroke, praise. This will help consolidate the emerging skill and quickly teach to go to the diaper.
- If there are missions - you need to get a trace, attribute a diaper on the place of place and there to give a puppy once again to sniff your site.
- In the place where the puppy guessed the need for an error, it should be disinfected and washed out so carefully so that there is no smell.
- The diaper should be purchased according to the age and size of the puppy.
- If a reusable diaper is used, then it is necessary to erase it more often, and at the time of washing it is necessary to lower the new one.
Important Council - If one-time diapers are used at the breakdown stage, it is not worth changing the brand or smell too often, as this may cause a pet deorientation. For the smallest dogs at the stage of the teachments to go to the diaper, it is better to use bedding at all without smell.
Promotion and punishment
Even far from Cynology, people know that the base of the entire dresser dogs is a system of rewards and punishments. Since pets do not understand literally human speech, it is necessary to inform the information on their understandable language. In the upbringing of puppies, a system of encouragements than punishments is more often used. In the case of teaching a puppy to go on a diaper, it is important to use encouragement whenever the animal coped with the task set before him.
How to encourage a puppy - below several ways:
- The most popular method of encouraging is dog delicacy. It is necessary to choose a safe, but beloved a delicacy and use it as a promotion, but it is necessary to do it immediately after a positive act. Otherwise, the animal will not catch the causal relationship.
- You can encourage the puppy with words - praise along with the verbal message transmitted by the owner, will be perceived by the puppy as the approval of his act. It is always important to use the same words and intonations so that the consciousness of the animal recorded approval.
- Another method of encouraging is tactile contact. Pet can be closed, stroking, take on the hands.
In encouragement, only one thing is important - it should never be used as a consolation or simply for no reason. Even several episodes of repetition of approving actions or words without reason may disrupt the understanding of the dog of causal relationships, and all efforts will be in vain.
As for punishments, this is an extreme measure. When encouragement does not work, you should resort to educational measures. In order not to injure the PSA and do not develop negative behavioral habits, the punishment system should be used as responsibly, as in the case of promotions. It is important to understand that punishments can harm if they are too strict or untimely.
To avoid mistakes, it is important to adhere to the rules described below regarding the punishments in the case of teaching a puppy to go to the diaper:
- The punishment should only be done if the puppy's offense was performed in front of the owner. In the event of a teaching to the toilet, the punishment can only be used when the puppy went in the wrong place in the presence of the host.
- It is strictly forbidden to apply the use of physical force for individuals that have not yet reached another three-month age.
- It is desirable that the puppy always punished the same person whom the pet considers the "leader". Especially relevant this rule for security and battlefields, exceptions are permissible in other cases.
- You can punish small puppies with the help of voice - to express discontent, slightly increase the tone.
- For examples of older, it is permissible to use physical strength - a slight blow or push.
- In no case should not punish the ward in anger. Excessive aggression violates trusting relationships with the owner and may cause response aggression in more mature age.
- It is strictly forbidden immediately after punishment to take a puppy on the hands and caress. This will lead to neutralization of the effect of punishment, after which the ward will cease to perceive seriously disciplinary measures.
- Punishment must be systemic and regular. It is necessary to choose a few or one technique and apply during each slip, this is a sure way to quickly teach the puppy to the toilet.
The main rule should be assimilated - the punishment is not retribution, it is just an educational measure that animals use in the natural environment. In a hundred, the elders are always punished by the younger - the growl, kick, push in the shoulder.
Reusable diapers must be erased regularly. For this, experienced breeders are recommended to purchase or make their hands at least 3 diapers so that it is always possible to temporarily replace while others are in washing or dry.
Related diaper washing rules are described below:
- Solid excrement must be launched in the toilet before washing.
- Diaper should be soaked and crawled in cold water.
- The use of hypoallergenic detergents is allowed. The main thing is that they were without fragrance.
- The litter from the fabric can be washed in the machine (if other ways of leaving the label are not specified).
- If an ordinary washing powder is used for washing, it is necessary to speed it up 2-3 times the product so that there is no smell.
- After washing, you can only be stuck completely dry litter.
It is advisable to replace the diaper at least once a day, and if necessary, to do it more often. Given this rule, the number of bedding should be purchased for timely replacement for the possibility of visiting the toilet always.
Common bugs of breeders
The nature of the dog and the basic skills are formed in early childhood, so it is already extremely difficult to move the adulth. In the process of teaching the dog to the toilet, inexperienced breeders often make mistakes that cause problems in further content and upbringing.
What errors will lead to a violation of the skills of visiting the toilet in dogs - Next:
- The first and most common mistake is to resist the damasses of the dog. First, the animal in this case understands what behavior is permissible. Secondly, traces remain in the room, which can cause systematic feces in the wrong place.
- Frequent replacement of the company or variety of diaper - a mistake that disorienses the pet. A dog is difficult to understand that two different types and the smell of bedding have the same purpose.
- Another error is an overly frequent replacement of litters. Especially the fatal consequences of this action at an early stage of teaching when the puppy only gets used to the smell of space for natural needs.
- The use of a strong smell of bedding is another error, which threatens the result of teaching. Manufacturers use aromatic components in order to hide the smell, but sometimes the fragrance is so pronounced that the sensitive organ smells of the dog cannot distinguish between it the smell of the toilet.
- Excessively severe punishment and attempts to poke his nose into excrement already after some time after there was a slip, also do not serve advantage and can cause systematic disciplinary disorders, as the dog will not understand what its fault.
The simple rules described above will help solve the problem of a dog toilet without stress for the owner and its ward. The main thing is not to forget about the sequence and system of learning.
Only patience and planned work on the behavior of the puppy will be able to bring decent fruits of education.